Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonsoldier91

Help with fsx problems befor in re install it

I've attached a image of my specs I have fsx with sp1 removed sp2 I also have a scenery add on for North England and Rex essential plus overdrive installed, I was getting a steady 32fps until a couple of days ago now there up and down all over the place not steady at all until your in the air, I also have uk2000 egnt ( newcastle international ) and all Of a sudden the lines along the side of the runway are there until about 8m down the runway then they vanish and flash same as the centre lines.

I also have it crash quite often and look at the events file and it says about the automatic dll or something, I've also seen a thing only you can put your details into and it will create the best settings for your fsx or something but as I'm not very clever with computers I don't know how many cores etc I have and that so if anyone could help with this to save me

Re installing that would be grate. Or do you think I should do a fresh install and start all over if so should I install fsx where it recommends or somewhere else what is best for the game as at the moment I

Think it's installed in c file x86 widows 8 thanks

In advance

Hi toon

I can give you a few tips.

Don't install to the default directory

do it too some thing like C:\fsx ...some addons don't like the default directory.

I uninstalled Win 8 and went back to 7 .there are probably thousands who use FSX with win 8 ..didn't work for me.

is it UIautomationcore.dll if it is..check this thread out

http://www.simforums.com/forums/uiautomationcoredll-and-windows-8-or-windows-7_topic46894.html

might help you

steve

The PC came with windows 8 installed so

Would mean buying win 7 I know you can run with compatibility for windows 7 etc I wounder if that changed my settings when I tryed that ?