Sign in to follow this  

FS Live Traffic Deluxe

Guest byoung

Anybody using this yet? Looks awesone! Can FS ATC keep up with it?Any comments?Barry

Barry, at $54.95 for only a six month subscription!, I don't think you're going to find many takers for this product...It may well be the best thing since sliced bread, but this would have to rank as the single most expensive add-on ever produced for the Flight Simulator series...If you only used it for only two years, your total cost would be ~$220!Also, only the "Platinum Edition" is available for the $54.95, bi-annual subscription fee, and at that price, the renewal is automatic! (although you may "cancel at anytime")... "US$ 54.95 each 6 months you can cancel at anytime"...other wise, unless you choose to "opt out," they will charge your CC automatically every six months...The "Deluxe Edition" is $69.95, bi-annual subscription, but it is a "Manual Renewal," meaning that you must positively renew on your own.Thanks, but no thanks... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest frankcubillos

What AI models comes with it, does anyone know?TIA :-)

Think I'll stick with PAI. At $0.00 for a lifetime subscription it works out a bit cheaper :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>What AI models comes with it, does anyone know?>TIA :-)Er, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH...It only generates a "real time traffic.bgl" file, than reflects the current revenue carrier's actual flight plans in the US...Presumably though, that would include all international carriers who have flights originating in the US, but would not include other country's domestic air traffic.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

plus will there be any cargo data? and all the bugs associated with such a big program? yikes. paying to be beta testers... no thanks

Guest fl390

I was suckered into buying their other product the "real-time" flight tracker. The one that allows you to follow any plane, or a fleet or look at the whole USA. What they didn't make clear was this:the updates are not real-time, they are once a minute. They download a big chunk of data, de-compress it, and update. This spoils the UI, and you can't increase the update frequency. Waiting a minute to see what the new position of a plane is, blows.the program was buggy. It crashed twice in half an hour. Also, the speeds or directions glitched often. Finally, the lag was severe. I was listening to seattle ATC on a scanner and the program was pretty far behind even including the minute update lag.At one point it got stuck re-downloading a "corrupt" file and re-trying every 10 seconds.If it does any of this behind the scenes for FS9 it isn't going to be satisfactory.

Guest dickcu

I installed the FS Live Traffic demo, went to my home airport, KSEA and found airlines scattered all over the place. I use Project AI with all aircraft properly assigned. Live Traffic had Northwest and Southwest along with Alaska scattered throughout the airport. I couldn't find a way to uninstall the program. Luckily I backed up my entire FS9 folder before I installed FS Live Traffic.Dick

Acutally, the LIVE part is marketing hype. The only live part is the data grabbed BEFORE you start the sim. It creates a FSLIVE.bgl file that replaces the normal traffic file (it does coexist with other traffic bgl files).Once you start FS, the data is static and the traffic flows according to the snapshot before you launched FS. So there isn't anything LIVE happening behind the scenes while FS is running.The best way to look at this program is it creates a current timetable of all domestic and all international flights that originate or end in the USA.For me, the ability to have this week's current timetable for a subscription price is not attractive for the price they are asking. Considering MRAI gives an extensive amount of traffic schedules for free twice a year, and Ultimate Traffic updates twice a year for roughly 10% of the cost, I'll stick with the latter two choices.Bruce

Guest frankcubillos

Thanks Bill! :-)Frank>Er, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH...>>It only generates a "real time traffic.bgl" file, than>reflects the current revenue carrier's actual flight plans>in the US...>>Presumably though, that would include all international>carriers who have flights originating in the US, but would not>include other country's domestic air traffic.

Guest nattydread

I just posted the same question. I did download the demo and found that it was pretty good. The demo does limit the types of planes available, but the actual full install is supposed to have much more. FS ATC was able to handle all inbound and outbound traffic...Tower atleast, I didnt listen to Ground, but I assume Ground and Clearance Delivery also participate. This being my first attempt at "Traffic" add-ons, I actually thought it was pretty good, I was impressed. I was sitting on the tarmac at KOAK in the external view zoomed all the way out. I had a view of the whole active runway, both main terminals and KSFO. I could pan around to see the smaller North Field active runways and terminals. Traffic was on both sides and I had the scale at 100%. By FPS dropped on occasion by only .2 I had SWA and Jet Blue going to John Wayne, Aloha Air going to Maui. It even looked like they were using the appropriate SIDs(Coast 5)as they departed. If the other "Traffic" add-ons do all that then I'd like a demo of them also...but for my first attempt FS Live Traffic was great. Yeah, Im looking at the $60 subscription...but the software is free so I could actually choke the subscription up to $40-30. In addition, I can cancel the subscription and likly be content with backed up schedules previously downloaded from then on...something to consider.

Guest bigun

I bought it and love it. Believe it or not there are a number of folks using it. Yes it's relatively expensive but worth the $$$ if you like up to date traffic. It comes with a good selection of aircraft (based on the My Traffic 2004 2.1 version. I use it with My Traffice 2.1 and it works flawlessly. I agree that it is not for everybody because of the price, but, neither are any of the FS payware add-ons. Just depends on your budget and what you are looking for.

I purchased FS Live, because I love everything what is live connected to FS.This time it was a mistake.I checked the airlines real time departure at my local airport (not EPZA :-) and I couldn

Guest nattydread

I can certainly understand the conflict for simmers flying in Europe. Basically it will only show those Europe flights to or from the US. For me its not a big deal, I have yet to get into flights outside of the US...though I do plan to flights allowing the Pacific Rim. I just hope Hawaii and Alaska are part of the FS Live Traffic downloads.Though the FS Live download is only at start up, its still more up to date than any other Traffic add-on out there...and who knows, maybe they will change that and allow hourly updates or something.