Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

DreamFleet 727-200: New Runway Takeoff Length Data

Guest fs3tofs9

With the recent release of the DreamFleet 727, I

Guest fs3tofs9

Thanks for the kind words. When I'm ready to tackle this again I'll probably measure data for a new EPR setting, such as for reduced thrust. Also, it would be nice to have some climb limit data after a single engine failure for the DreamFleet 727. According to the PMDG 737 manual, at heavier weights the climb limit weight is often the limiting weight for a desired takeoff length. However, I'm not how to measure that data myself so for now I'll just add a conservative safety margin (e.g., 2000 ft) to the takeoff data I just compiled.

Guest DreamFleet

Here's a strange idea:How about posting this at the DreamFleet 727 support forum?We did have several real 727 pilots on our beta team, who would most happy to repsond, and I am curious as to what the PMDG 737, or a REAL 737 has in common with a 727??????Last time I checked, they are both Boeings, but that is about it. ;-)Are you a real 727 captain?Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest fs3tofs9

The climb weight seemed like a general concept that might apply to other aircraft -- the safe climb weight after a single engine failure or some other type of emergency. But you're right, I don't know if this concept applies to the 727. As for the data I compiled, it represents the takeoff performance of a DreamFleet 727-200 cargo that I personally observed under varying load and weather conditions and nothing else, except perhaps a DreamFleet 727-200 passenger. I like to fly into smaller aiports and this data lets me know what my saftey margin will be, if any. For example, some airports that I currently fly into and out of are: Washington DC (longest runway 6800 ft), La Guardia (longest runway 7000 ft), Princess Juliana St Martaan (longest runway 7550 ft), Ashville NC elevation 2165 ft (longest runway 8010 ft). The data I compiled will be very helpful at these airports. According to this data, under certain load conditions that fall under the DreamFleet's max. takeoff weight limitation and during normal weather conditions, operation out of the above airports would be unsafe at 2.0 EPR.Nope, I'm not a 727 captain but I still appreciate knowing more than V1, Vr, and V2 when sizing up a runway for takeoff. Sure, it is just a sim but I just don't like starting off a flight by kissing the end of runway, it seems like a fundamental mistake to me. So that's why I tried to help myself out by compiling this data. I spent several hours on it and I tried to be as consistent as possible when measuring the data. It should be fairly accurate but I await feedback from those who decide to use it.If DreamFleet has any plans for releasing takeoff data for the 727 that would be great. As I indicated above, I believe it would be very useful. As it stands now though, I'm just trying to stand on my own two feet here and sharing what I find with others. Thanks for the great products!! :-)

Guest fs3tofs9

You're welcome. Please let me know if the data seems squirrley or if you have suggestions for measuring and compiling the data differently. I'll probably make another go of it at EPR=1.8.

Well, I don't own it, but I am learning eric's 727 at the moment with Richard's awesome panel. I am also developing a config file for use with eric's 727 in Voice recognition using Flight assistant. I'll have that hopefully in a few weeks, maybe sooner. Should be over 250 + Commands when I am done woith it.I'm mostly a GA guy, but I appreciate you taking the time to come up with the data, even though I don't fly the big iron as much as the pistons, I do appreciate it.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>Here's a strange idea:>>How about posting this at the DreamFleet 727 support forum?>>We did have several real 727 pilots on our beta team, who>would most happy to repsond, and I am curious as to what the>PMDG 737, or a REAL 737 has in common with a 727??????>>Last time I checked, they are both Boeings, but that is about>it. ;-)>>Are you a real 727 captain?>>Regards,>http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg>What is your problem lately ? Serious question.I've read about all I can of your snide remarks and subtle barbs; I'd sure like to know why you're doing it.Do you hold us all in such contempt that this is the only way you can now communicate, or what ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Erick_Cantu

>I am curious as to what the>PMDG 737, or a REAL 737 has in common with a 727??????60% of the airframe and around the same percentage of the cockpit. The 727 in turn had around the same percentage in common with the 707. It's in the brochures, on the webpages, and I've heard it straight from several Boeing captains' mouths. :)Of course, you knew that already, as it was one of the 737s main selling points! :)

"Are you a real 727 captain?"Are you?As I said to you in email, our users are free to post where they wish. Please read our policies closely.

Cross-posted to the Dreamfleet Support Forum due to the mutual references between the threads. I'm puzzled, because the original post behind this was discussion-oriented, quite positive, and most definitely not a request for support. Furthermore, the reference the poster made to the PMDG 737 had more to do with extrapolating his general understanding of jet aircraft performance as he had learned it with another high-end add-on. In fact, second-segment climb performance is an issue for all aircraft...the 727 as well as the 737, and his assumptions were, for the most part, quite reasonable. I think one will find that people will migrate elsewhere for their DF 727 discussions as long as they perceive the DF forum to be a hostile place for open discussion. Threads like the one referenced below are a clear example of the sense of hostility I refer to: http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DCForumID32/165.html BTW, I found the performance data derived and distributed by the original poster to be useful in the absence of runway length data in the DF docs. Thanks to fs3tofs9 for the work.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case