Sign in to follow this  
Ed

*Released 256 Command FA Voice Recognition Profile

Hi all,I just uploaded to the library a zip file titled: fa172.zip It will show once they clear it.In the meantime you can TEMPORARILY Get it Here: [a href=http://www.aboutpolitics.net/fa/fa172.zip]Click here to Download from my site[/a] This package is only for use with the Flight Assistant program by Timm Linder located here in the library or at his website here:[a href=http://www.linder-network.de/thelindercompany/html/english/flightassistant.html ]Get Flight Assistant and other required files here.[/a] This Profile is by Joseph Ranos, (Sonar5) and includes 256 Voice Commands that are all executed with a voice response.Approximately 190+ Execute a MSFS2004 Key command as well as a Voice response. (voice response may be limited if you do not have all programs according to main Flight Assistant website). Approximately 60+ have a response but do not execute a key command. These are used for Cabin Crew Calls, Jokes, and optimized with Cessna 172 Checklists to show you the possibility of what the program is capable of. (for use with Flight Assistant version 2.2 and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 ONLY)This package is uploaded to Avsim with the permission of Timm Linder, the author of Flight Assistant, and it may NOT be uploaded to any other site without the written permission of Joseph Ranos. What is included in the Package: 1) fa172readme.pdf This PDF file explains the use of the files. 2) fa172.ini This file is the BACKUP configuration file you will have when you create the fa172 folder as advised below. It acts as a backup file in case you delete the original. 3) FlightAssistant.ini This file is an identical file to the fa172.ini above. This is what you will use to replace the original .ini file that came with the program. 4) Fa172voicecommands.pdf A separate PDF File showing all of the Voice Command prompts that can be printed out for reference. These are in order of placement. Subsequent versions will be cleaned up and organized, as I wanted to get this out sooner rather than later.5) fa172.txt a text file showing a limited amount of info. Please Read the Readme PDF before you install it. Regards, JoeSonar5

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Thanks Ed,Let me know how it works out for you. And make sure you read the ReadMe PDF for tips before you start changing anything.Also, if you can let me know that the instructions were ok, and made sense, I would appreciate it.Regards,Joe

Hi Joe,Had no problems reading and following your instructions. I am going to have to spend more time training the program as I spent very little time training before. Great job and thanks again.Ed

Your Welcome and I've got more in the works.You can also execute commands one after the other even while the program is responding to you. It will execute the commands one right after the other.Try this out.Extend flaps slow - retract flaps slow - full flaps - retract flaps without about a one second delay between each command. Do it in spot view so you can watch it all develop.Also, one note, if you try to "go to standby frequency", you must enable the "select com radio", or "select nav radio" first.I think two of my favorites are the checklists, and the ATC. "Air Traffic Control" 1 3 0 3, etc....And the runup checklist is probably my favorite one to execute. Something about verbal prompts.As you learn the program, it can be quote fun. The possibilities are great as well.Just open up your settings, assignments, choose all commands, and look at all the commands that are possible. I plan to add PDF's to the next package which will itemize all key commands and I have some other Ideas.Great program....Anyone else trying it out, let me know how you like it and how it is working.Stay Tuned.Regards,Joe

Hi,I tried SpeechBuddy2 last week and had a hard time using it especially trying to add commands. I found Flight assistant much easier to use and program. Plus I was able to use it about 10 minutes after installation and one session of training.Ed

Hi all,I have not tried SpeechBuddy2, but have extensive experience with Shoot, which has unfortunately not been updated in quite some time.I find Flight Assistant to be much more stable and has support from the person who designed it, and is accesible.I believe Speechbuddy2 stopped at FS2002, whereas Flight Assistant works well for MSFS2004.It does use some of the functionality of FSUIPC, so you can get some readouts of data and such.I can only compare FA with Shoot, and I feel FA is much more stable. I have not yet had any problems with FA once I hit stability with this profile.I also advise not to change anything in my file until you read my tips about doing so in the PDF ReadMe. There may be consequences if you go fiddling with the ini or just start adding commands to what I have.If you have the speech engine already, load up FA and give it a try. If you want to compare, I encourage it.I also have some ideas of other things I will include with the next profile release, which will hopefully include more than one aircraft.There have been many changes since V1 of FA. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding it.Regards,Joe

Hi,For some reason (at least for me) Speechbuddy doesn't recognize the commands, Yet these same commands in flight assistant are recognized. I don't understand this because they both use the same speech engine. Thanks for your help as I am very interested in these programs. EdPs. Found the thread that you mentioned. The commands look complicated compared to flight assistant. I am going to copy them and play around with it.

Hi, Joe and everyone.>I believe Speechbuddy2 stopped at FS2002, whereas Flight Assistant works well for MSFS2004.

***********************************Let your computer read back to you.***********************************Now, how about letting your computer read that next article for you instead of you. Or read out a post like this one.Get FoxyVoice here:http://foxyvoice.kenche.info/It is an Extension for the Firefox Browser and you must have the MS Speech Recogntion SDK Installed.http://www.microsoft.com/speech/download/sdk51/Once you install the extension, close your browser, and restart it. Look in the bottom right hand corner of the Firefox Status bar. You will see a little smily, Highlight some text and left click, and it reads back what is highlighted. It even works when you go to a different Tab. Talk About Multitasking.If you just left click, it will start to read the whole page back to you. Left again to Pause, left to Play, and Right Click to reset it.Enjoy the Talk.IE.... Who Needs it anymore with great stuff like this.What are you waiting for, go get Firefox:http://mozilla.org/firefoxRegards,Joe

Hi Joe,Thanks for the heads up. I've been using Firefox for quite awhile now. Am going to try the plugin.Ed