Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Say it ain't so!

So after a week of flying with my (what was up to now) perfect insallation of P3D v2, I got a little cocky and installed QW 757. But of course, the Conguration Manager needed Framework 2.0 in order to work (I only had 3.5 and 4.0 installed). So off I went looking for FW 2.0 and found a runtime that includes 2.0. After installation, P3D failed to load. Surprise surprise! 

So I uninstalled all my add-ons (FTX Global, OPUS, UT2, QW 146 and 757) and got rid of the framework runtime, did a defrag and started fresh. 

Now, when running QW 146 (I gave up on QW 757 for the moment), after about 30 minutes of flying I get the ever-popular CTD with the following entry in the event viewer:

Faulting application path: C:\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Prepar3D v2\GAUGES\QWBae146.GAU

I love this plane so if someone could shed some light on this error, it would make my Christmas!

Mario Di Lauro

I believe there is a patch for the QW146 version 1.3 that prevents CTDs.  Check their forum (login needed). 

Thanks tyrodes - I have that version installed. It seems to happen when I program the FMS. I just tried a flight without FMS and worked fine. 

Mario Di Lauro