Sign in to follow this  
timmonst

Video Discussion: Airport 2013!

Name: Airport 2013!

Category: FSX Scenery

Date Added: 04 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Submitter: timmonst

Short Description: None Provided

I have visited the "Airport in the Sky" in my Cessna 150 (you can see the video of my landing on RW 22 in the link below). While it gives the appearance of a challenging airport, sitting on the top of a mountain, with drop offs on both ends, it is relatively easy to land at. One day I was flying the CaptainSim 737-200 around the LA area admiring Aerosoft's Los Angeles scenery when I decided what fun it would be to try to land at Catalina. I knew I needed to be way behind the power curve on approach and really drag the 737 in for a touchdown right on the threshold. If I could keep the excess energy to a minimum I just might have a chance of slowing the aircraft to a stop before going off the cliff at the end of the runway. I was on the brakes hard right at touchdown with the old school clam shell reverser deployed just as quickly. I almost made it! I laughed so hard after that landing that I decided to save the replay.

A week or so later I decided to mash the clip up with one of my all time favorite movie series, Airport. And who better to attempt the landing then our beloved Joe Patroni.

I hope you get a good laugh from this short sequence. Yes, there are all kinds of technical errors between the two clips (I know the plane is not a 707!), just look past those things, and enjoy the clip!

My real world landing at KAVX

Flight Simulator is Microsoft FSX

Scenery: Aerosoft Los Angeles

Aircraft: CaptainSim 737

View Video

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

:lol:  That's some funny stuff right there. Great clip, classic movie.

Cheers, Craig