Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hugorybrink

FSX on Multiple PC:s Help

Hello!

I just got another pc from a friend that i wanted to use for fsx addons. I also bought WideFS and FSUIPC and both are now registered. I follow Froogles YouTube clip on how he set it up and so on. WideFS is connecting with my main PC now but i don't understand really how i suppose to import AS2012 for example to my main PC and run it on my other PC. I also installed the SimConnect and all the latest updates to my other PC. But when im trying to find the Simconnect.ini for example, then there is no files there. So i added it by my self(Main PC). Can someone who have done this before give me just a little guide or somethingor maybe there already is one out there? I don't understand how im suppose to install my addons, shoulder i install them to my Main Harddrive from my main PC??? Im really lost. If someone wanna teamview on my pc, please contact me and i give you my password. Thanks alot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hello!

I just got another pc from a friend that i wanted to use for fsx addons. I also bought WideFS and FSUIPC and both are now registered. I follow Froogles YouTube clip on how he set it up and so on. WideFS is connecting with my main PC now but i don't understand really how i suppose to import AS2012 for example to my main PC and run it on my other PC. I also installed the SimConnect and all the latest updates to my other PC. But when im trying to find the Simconnect.ini for example, then there is no files there. So i added it by my self(Main PC). Can someone who have done this before give me just a little guide or somethingor maybe there already is one out there? I don't understand how im suppose to install my addons, shoulder i install them to my Main Harddrive from my main PC??? Im really lost. If someone wanna teamview on my pc, please contact me and i give you my password. Thanks alot

The AS2012 docs have a good detailed section on setting their program up in a networked environment.  Once you've done that and have it working, Simconnect is then set up to run other applications via the LAN as well.  AS2012, BTW, does not use WideFS to communicate via LAN to FSX--it uses Simconnect only.  WideFS is used to provide LAN access for programs that otherwise use the FSUIPC interface when run on the server (main FSX) PC.

Regards