Sign in to follow this  
Azone

How to do a complete uninstall.

Can anyone recommend a way to do a complete uninstall of P3D V2.0 and leave no trace behind.?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First run the uninstaller then manually remove the same files as you would with FSX. If you need to know what they are. look at the PMDG website. They have a FSX uninstall tutorial.

Below is the information from LM:

Uninstalling/Reinstalling the Prepar3D® v2 Client
NOTE: This section only applies to those uninstalling/reinstalling Prepar3D v2. Uninstalling/reinstalling the Prepar3D® client should work as designed, but following these steps will help guarantee success.
1. You will want to back up any additional content (models, scenery, configurations) before
continuing with the uninstall. To begin the uninstall, go to your Start Menu, Control Panel, and
open Programs and Features. Select Prepar3D from the list of programs and click the Uninstall
button on the menu bar. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall Prepar3D. If you are simply
looking to restore your Prepar3D installation, select the Restore option. That will fix the
majority of user issues.

2. While the uninstaller removes all files that are created by the installer, it does not completely
remove content that was generated during program execution. To completely uninstall
Prepar3D, you must manually delete folders and files that are created during runtime. Please be
sure to back up any changes you have made to any of the files in the folders. Now, please
manually delete the following folders:
 C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D (or the modified install location)
 C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
 C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
 C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
 C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Prepar3D Files
Note: Replace *USERNAME* with the Windows user account name that will be running Prepar3D.

3. Now you should restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, if you would like to
reinstall, simply follow the Installing the Prepar3D®
Client section.

Thanks Mike.

I'm going to do a complete uninstall, in the event they come up with some bug fixes I don't want the conflicts(as if there aren't enough already!) with a reinstall.

Thanks Mike.

I'm going to do a complete uninstall, in the event they come up with some bug fixes I don't want the conflicts(as if there aren't enough already!) with a reinstall.

Future "bug fixes" will not require a reinstall in any event. They will release any dot versions as a slipstreamed update...

If I'm going to reinstall this I think it would be better to start from scratch.