Sign in to follow this  
burm

Poor Framrates V1.2, 28

Yesterday I installed the latest dx fixer and my fpm are half what the were with the original dx fixer.

Can someone look at my stuff and make any suggestions.

I still find also the PMDG777 virtual cockpit gauges are a bit jagged until I zoom in some.

I use the latest REX weather program, UK2000 airport sceneries and Aivlasoft (great addon).

These are all on the same computer.

Thanks

Paul

fsx.CFG.txt

post-115575-0-97729800-1386628156.jpg

Hi Paul; a quick look at the cfg: - you can't set the size of each buffer (PoolSize) when you tell the GPU to handle the buffers itself. UsePools=0 means just that.

If you want FSX to control the buffers - then set UsePools=1, set a poolSize=xx (MB) and a RejectThreshold=xx (kB). At 4.8-gig - the 680 is right between being "0" and "1" (with a small RT) - ok!

This is a nice place to be in, as one can make the GPU fly!  :smile:

Force FullScreenVsync=1 should not be used, as it eats ~ 4fps. Just delete the line completely.

Vsync is handled by your (correct) settings (at the bottom of the Inspector screenshot) and in cahoots with "DisablePreLoad=1 in [Main] - so you need to put that line in - it's not there right now..

Texture_Bandwidth_Mult should be 120 - you have a high-end system, but set your framerate to 33.

Traffic is good: my personal choice is AI only if airliner flying, and GA only if sight-seeing in the A2A C172!

[Terrain] slide AG back to 4. 

Both Inspector and the cfg look very nice, Paul, well-balanced, and should be fine with a little tuning.

The place I am seeing where DX10'er's are having some serious issues, is when they begin using two dissimilar monitors, or two GPU's and sliding FMC's other pop-up-2D-type cockpit components or addons like the Electronic Flight Bag.

I'm not referring here to the use of SLI with three identical monitors and Surround, or TH2Go, but unfortunately, it's not an area in which I have played, and only understand the potential issues from a theoretical viewpoint. 

I hope this helps, Paul,

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for your response pj.

If I set Userpools=1(enabled),  are my Poolsize=5000000 and RejectThreshold=131072 values ok.

I have another computer which I used for fs9. Would it help to network it to this one and put weather engine, 

EFB or other fsx add ons on it instead of this one?

Paul

If I set Userpools=1(enabled),  are my Poolsize=5000000 and RejectThreshold=131072 values ok.

The default buffer size (which FSX sets when UsePools=1) is 8MB (8388608) so going smaller might be better - or it might be worse... When UsePools=0 - the GPU decides on the buffer size (generally quite small), and how many (usually a lot), and FSX has no input to that.

Your system is fairly well balanced, Paul, so the smaller size will allow more buffers to be created, and if you keep the RT small-ish, too, you you might gain some performance over UsePools=0. This is not something anyone can tell you - you need to test each buffer size, along with each of perhaps four different RT sizes. That will mean at least  3 buffer sizes - 5 MB (5242889), 8MB (8388608) and 10MB (0485760), with three RejectThreshold sizes - 64kB (65536), 128kB (131072) and 256kB (262144) - so that's nine flights, trying each size combination, over a "heavy scenery-cloud-traffic" circuit, until it becomes apparent that one of those combinations gives better, or more solid, frame rates.

have another computer which I used for fs9. Would it help to network it to this one and put weather engine, EFB or other fsx add ons on it instead of this one? Absolutely! Referring back to the earlier post - any time you introduce another monitor of different size - at least when using FSX with DX10 and the graphics engine - the whole system seems to develop arthritis, or some other impediment to it's single-monitor performance. There may well be a cure for this, and there are a number of "wide-View" & multi-monitor web-sites around which cater to these issues - however - no-one in the FSX fraternity seems to use them.... but those are the sites that I would recommend you check out. They may not give you an "fsx-specific" answer, but you will pick up clues here and there which will likely help you fix it completely. ... and then you can write a "How-To" manual and pin it at the top of this forum!!  :lol: 

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Will look into the second monitor setup.

I am still not satisfied with the shimmering of runway lights and vc glass cockpit jagged lines. I thought this would be eliminated with DX10.

I had this problem with PMDG planes in fsx and DX9. My main moniter is an HP Pavilion 27bw.

Perhaps this is a Windows 7 Display problem, something I have wrong.

Any ideas here?

Paul

Nope - glass cockpits - like the small Garmins - the 400's and 500's fitted in a number of our GA aircraft - all have this issue. DX10 doesn't fix it. Pity. It was a pain in DX9, and it still exists - and wil probably be in P3D, too (though I don't know that for sure). What's wrong with runway lights? Which lights, and how do they shimmere. To my knowledge only trees, water and fences will shimmer, so you'll need to give a bit more detail - ok!

I was lining up for takeoff at EGKK 8R at night but the beautiful runway center line

lights in my UK2000 scenery were flickering.

Paul