Sign in to follow this  
spesimen

low priority feature ideas

nice work with ASN seems really good so far.. 

just a couple ideas i had.. not important at all of course but maybe after all the bugs are squashed. (not that i've seen any! other than the checkerboard clouds which happened twice, but i haven't seen on the last several flights..)

1. the weather search tool is really fun, but often if i pick some bad weather i get a bunch of airports that are either too small for mid to large size planes or that don't have any appropriate navaids, basically those fields would be shut down for operations in those conditions... i don't know if ASN can extract this info from the fsx database but it would be cool to be able to specify a minimum runway length and also maybe filter if the airport has an ILS.

2. the bit in the briefing that says there is a flight level with better headwind is cool but i'd love to see a little chart with the headwind values for a few rvsm flight levels above and below the one i picked. like if the difference is only a few knots i might want to stick with what i was planning..  step climbs also confuse the issue, although i realize this is probably out of the scope of asn and maybe best left to flight planning software..

cheers,

-andy crosby