Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Iwe Ingber E170 Panel

Hi All:

I have written the author but have not received a reply, so I thought I'd toss this out here hoping for an answer.

When powering up the panel from a cold and dark setting, the altimeter reads an already set figure of 10,000 feet. When I reset that to 0 feet and then save the flight, when calling that saved flight again, the altimeter has reverted back to 10,000 feet. I checked the aircraft cfg file but can not find any setting that displays 10,000 feet. Is it possible to change this default setting of 10,000 feet, and if so how is it done? I would like to be able to start from a cold and dark setting with the altimeter showing 0 feet instead of 10,000 feet.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

No altimeter should show 10,000 feet or zero instantly. Are you talking about the Radio Altimeter or the Altitude Select for the autopilot? Without the panel there is no more to go on. Is it freeware? If so where did you get it? Searched here but could not find anything.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks Spokes for responding. OK, a little clarification is in order. It is the Altitude Select for the Autopilot. The panel is not found in the Avsim library, but is over at Flightsim. File name is: pemb1702.zip.  It was configured for FS9 but works quite nicely in FSX. 

Chris

Chris,

Here you go, there where 2 lines in the autopilot gauge that initialized the system, replaced the 10000 (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) with a zero, also set a L:Var to 0 that is part of the FMC routine.  Backup your EMB170.cab (FSX\Gauges) and replace it with this one.

You can get the replacement EMB170.CAB here. 

Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap