Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSalden

Zones-Photo scenery + HD photo mesh scenery v2 + OSM autogen + Eu autogen : anyone has it together ?

As the topic says.

I am curious what can be accomplished and how the sim will run in terms of fps and smoothness.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I had, but reverted back to:

- Default mesh ( v1 I believe ) allover the World, and SimHeaven ZL17 photo scenery for some specific zones of Portugal and Spain, with Europe OSM + autogen, because:

1) Mesh v2 had a considerable impact on FPS for me ( about 5-10 fps lost )

2) The Mesh v2 for photosceneries has some problems with missing coast lines for example, and it's a tedious work having to manually correct it for each zone, and it also had an impact on my FPS, at least when used with those ZL17s... It appears that the FPS loss was not so significative though than the one I experienced with the full European Mesh V2... 

I will wait for an updated mesh for photo sceneries from SimHeaven.

Also, I am definitely into photo scenery because it is, at least for the areas I fly over most of the time, low and slow in my glider or GA, the most realistic coverage, and as far as I was told, this sort of scenery is an invitation for OOMs in FSX...

I definitely need a new PC or graphics board, but I also need to renew my glider pilot license until March 2014... :-/