Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Steering Tiller tied to the throttles?

Yesterday, after having already upgraded to 1.008, I tried again the tutorial flight.

After following all of the steps, and with the engines started and ready for taxi, I could see the steering tiller moving, but also the throttles moved asymmetricaly, in a way that makes sense because it would help the turn ( if to the left, the right throttle is advanced and the left kind of retracted... ), but I didn't see this menstioned in the Manual?

Also, and this is more problematic, the nose wheel didn't move :-/

Any suggestions ?

EDIT: probably something I messed, because I have just completed a remarkable flight in the Majestic Q-400, v1.008, with ASN giving me the most astouding weather, and there were no problems with the steering tiller !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

jcomm,

Your observation and response is correct.  The tiller when moved will manipulate the power levers to assist in the turn (especially for tight turns). 

If your nose wheel is unresponsive please verify that the nose wheel steering switch is in the on position.  you may have dis-engaged it during your checklist review.

Good to hear that you had an enjoyable flight with v1.008.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Good to hear that you had an enjoyable flight with v1.008.

Hi Simeon,

I have had a series of extremely enjoyable flights with the Q-400 during the last couple of days.

What a SUPERB model, in all respects!

It puzzles me how it was possible to model the systems with the accuracy this model has, and still make it a very smooth ride, even on my rig, which is far from

being a top one!

Excellent aircraft!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

We thank you for the comments.  Much of the fluidity has to do with the fact that we are merely using the simulator platform as a scenery generator (somewhat), and with the FDE operating independently from FSX via Simconnect - it allows us to do things a bit differently.  Of course this comes at a cost...LOL

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

We thank you for the comments. Much of the fluidity has to do with the fact that we are merely using the simulator platform as a scenery generator (somewhat), and with the FDE operating independently from FSX via Simconnect - it allows us to do things a bit differently. Of course this comes at a cost...LOL

Yes, I am aware of it. I'm familiar with your approach since 2005/2006 (?), long ago, when I exchanged some emails with someone from your team ( don't recall his name now...). By that time I was investing in JSBSim in Flight Gear, and found the approach he was about to explore very interesting and challenging.

It has certainly payed, for this aircraft is probably the best that can be reached using FSX. I look forward for a version for P3Dv2 too, using the new interfaces that LM is making available for external flight dynamics and systems modelling, etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Don't want to sound ungrateful, but can this feature be disabled in the cfg? I already have a dual throttle controller, I don't need any artificial help to make a tight turn. 

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Change this setting AUTO_DIFFERENTIAL_THRUST_ON_TAXI =1 to "0".  Located in the .ini

Banner_MJC8.png

Thanks, somehow missed that one.

That's what I like, lots of configuration options. ^_^  

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations