Sign in to follow this  
gsand

FSX SDK Reinstall Issue

Afternoon,

I have had to do a reinstall of FSX for various reasons and am having a problem trying to get the SDK to install. I get a 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime. I am right clicking as admin and all read onlys are off. Interestingly enough if I start the FSX install it works fine.

I did go all the way to Acceleration before I started with the SDK's. Maybe I need to do the SDK's as I go?

Any help greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays all!

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Update 20Dec 2100Z

Reinstalled FSX clean with no issues, stopped at initial RTM, installed fine, started once to finalize, no issues. Tried SDK again and same issue. I'm really stumped here. Wouldn't mind so much except really have used ADE a lot for AFCADs and need it for that.

Again, any help or ideas appreciated.

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

FSX and it's SDK are 2 separate programs.

Needing to reinstall FSX should not require a reinstall of the SDK.

Are you sure it isn't still there?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

FSX and it's SDK are 2 separate programs.

Needing to reinstall FSX should not require a reinstall of the SDK.

Are you sure it isn't still there?

regards,

Joe

Thanks Joe. Yeah, I know, I just went on a delete frenzy and wiped the disk. I have FSX on a separate drive and decided to start over. If it ain't broke and all that... :Doh:

Gerald

Thanks Gerry. I had found that but no joy. I'm searching and think I'll re-post in the Scenery Design forum.

Thanks all.

Gerald

I just went on a delete frenzy and wiped the disk.

Sounds like you deleted the SDK without uninstalling it?

If so, Windows thinks it's still there because of it's registry entries.

Does it show up in "remove programs"?

You might try copying the installer to your desktop and running it from there.

BTW, FWIW, I have installed FSX/A on several machines and then gone back and installed the SDK without any problems, so I don't think the order of install has anything to do with it.

Of course, once you do get it installed make sure the SDK version matches your FSX version.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks Joe. I deleted through the Control Panel and it's not there now. Maybe the Windows Uninstaller didn't wipe it but a reg scan doesn't show any residuals. On to MS support I guess...

Gerald