Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FSX..an 'old dog' being taught new tricks, via ASN...rather amazing!

I'm presently on pause enroute from Myrtle Beach, SC to Key West, FL at FL180

Running ASN via my loaded flight plan as loaded into the GPS.

I am being blown away by the sheer reality of my FSX sky.  I'm running at a texture setting of HD 2048 and keeping for the most part at 30.0 FPS (locked in sim)

I am seeing clouds (structure, complex with such look of realism, that it actually is a little weird) that I have never seen before in scope and shape.  I must ask this question, is the weather injector totally responsible for taking my REX Extreme loaded cloud graphics, and then applying/building those graphics into the most 3D rendered and fabulous cloud formations I have EVER seen in any flight sim platform to date?  Is ASN doing this...the building of clouds and drawing from whatever REX cloud graphics it needs to build them up?  If so...then I did not fully understand how darn important, other than 'making' the weather, was the injector you run with, to CREATE the actual graphics that are final to the monitor screen. 

Active Sky Evolution in no way, produced the atmospherics I see on my flight today. I have absolutely no cloud pop...and in fact, I can't even tell that the clouds ahead are forming...it is so seamless and smooth.  So life-like from the view of my many for-work air miles, to have me shaking my head left and right in awe.  Folks, I am flying now through real skies..not almost to reality...but virtual reality. What is on my monitor this afternoon as I head towards Key West, is a sky that I see, and would expect to see...the cloud shapes and patterns, the haze layer...that is looking so real today in my virtual flight...to make the mind believe that I see actual depth-of-field out to the horizon. My gawd....that alone is worth the upgrade price!  ASN has created for me...a quasi 3D  depiction...because I now feel and 'mind-see' that I have depth...dimension, and that I physically am in interaction with the atmospherics, and their effect upon my air frame.  WOW...WOW...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

For those that are not flying under the atmospheric control of ASN....well....pity.  This weather injector program is giving much more than 'accurate' weather...(and yes..a subjective view...as per some of the threads ongoing...) it is, to at least this user...fleshing out FSX into the realm of a believable-to-the-mind;  3D world...that at least in the air around the aircraft...convinces you, that you are truly passing through it, good, bad, or indifferent.  In closing on this post,  ASN has taught my venerable FSX...truly new tricks, to fool my mind into an even BETTER flight simulation experience.  Yes, old dogs CAN learn new tricks!   Merry Holidays all....and this has been one heck of a good year for us all,  FSX/P3D, XPX, or FS9!

Welcome to the wonderful world of ASN.  ^_^    I was equally blown out of my chair on my first flight with the trial coming out of FlyTampa's Chicago Midway.    It is the first time I saw now falling and when I looked around my aircraft I was amazed to see that I could not see beyond about 100 yards.   Taking off into the snowy blindness was incredibly satisfying, especially when at about 5000 feet up I hit severe turbulence and my FSPax started gasping in fear.   Then we broke out of the top of the overcast to see clear skies and beautiful overcast as far as the eye could see... REAL overcast, no gaps, no see through clouds, it looked like a miserable day going on below me like it should.    I am impressed with this program.    Everything is now perfect for me in FSX aside from an occasional OOM bomb out.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy