Sign in to follow this  
amorris

TOGA Problems on Takeoff

Did a search on my problem but didn't find anything, so apologize if this has already been dealt with. My problem is that on takeoff I have to press the TOGA button several times before anything happens. I have both FDs on, AT armed, and engines spooled up to 40%, then I press TOGA, and nothing happens. I press several more times, still nothing. Finally, just a few seconds before reaching V1, I press it and it takes. Everything seems normal from there. So, what am I doing wrong?

Alan

When you say you push the TOGO button, do you mean the actual button on the quadrant or the hot spot area?

Geoff Bryce

When you say you push the TOGO button, do you mean the actual button on the quadrant or the hot spot area?

I have a button on my Saitek throttle. It must be set up properly because TOGA eventually appears on the display.

Alan

I have a button on my Saitek throttle. It must be set up properly because TOGA eventually appears on the display.

Alan

OK, maybe you might want to ignore your Saitek button and use the hotspot area to see if this works better. I think a lot of users would you this method very well and will then rule out or in your Saitek TOGO button. Some times the mechanical controller nul zones cause issues.

Geoff Bryce

OK, maybe you might want to ignore your Saitek button and use the hotspot area to see if this works better. I think a lot of users would you this method very well and will then rule out or in your Saitek TOGO button. Some times the mechanical controller nul zones cause issues.

Looks like you've nailed it. I've had time for only one test, but using the hotspot area worked perfectly. The Saitek eventually works, but not at the beginning of the takeoff roll. I'll probably forget about the Saitek button and just use the hotspot. Thanks for the help.

Alan