Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

A340 and FS2004

I think that "flight envelope protecion" was involved in that A320 crash at the Paris Airshow a few years back. I hope Boeing does not head in the direction of a high-tech preflight, program the flight management computer, activate some sort of flex-thrust (is that a derating procedure?), engage autothrust @ 200 ft, and that's it 7E7! I think you have answered my question and put a nail in the coffin of my A340 FS2004 thoughts. I am going to leave it alone. Thanks for the additional info!RH

Guest Valid_Andy

Holger, I can tell you now, that from what I know, and from what I have been told, the PSS A320 package flight dynamics are not so great. I'm not sure if the A330/A340 follows suite, but, with the A320 from what I know they arn't so great. Appart from not feeling right, they don't really follow the numbers too greatly either. This is not bashing PSS, but from what I've been told (and from real Airbus drivers) this is the case. Also, you have to remember that in flight sim the systems are not fully made, especially the ones for controlling the aircraft. For example, in the real aircraft if you put in a lot of rudder while carrying straight and level flight, the spoilerons on the wing with counter balance that by raising themselves, so that the aircraft doesn't bank, it only yaw's. Also, from what I know of the flight controls, you are actually controlling the RATE, not the angle of deflection, with the stick, but this MAY be incorrect (Probably is knowing my luck) Therefore, you can't really accurately reproduce the Airbus aircraft in flightsim, and especially not easily. From what I've heard, some pilots who used to fly Boeings who were moved to the Airbus really didn't like the Airbus'. This might of been because they didn't feel safe with it, they didn't feel like they were in control. On the other hand, some Boeing pilots who moved to Airbus really like flying the Airbus', because of the way it flys. I've heard of pilots saying that the Airbus' handle like a dream, and that they much perfer it over conventional aircraft (ie a Fokker 100 in one example) because of the way they fly. Ok i'll stop with the jibberjabber now, All I will say is that I suggest you try the PSS aircraft, and see for yourself. They are not that expensive, and then you will have a full panel to fly with. From your product list, it sounds like a full Panel is a naccessity, and while Eric M's panel is very very good, it's not a full panel.Also, I think the 737-200 has the best looking cockpit ever, so while I am fond of Airbus', I agree the older boeings Cockpits are the nicest to look at!--This is not a Boeing V Airbus War!!! I am fans of both--

I think the DC-8 Super 63 had the best cockpit of all. Go to Airliners.net and check one out.RH

I guess it's a matter of personal opinion as to how it looks, but some of the thread I've been following in PPRUNE say this about the A340-200 and -300 performance:"..considered climbing only due to the curvature of the earth.." "...only commercial airliner in production that can suffer a bird-strike from behind..."Anyway, Happy New Year to all. :)

BobK

That is funny! Na, I suppose I will leave the A340 alone. I enjoy using a computer to simulate flight, not a computer to simulate a computer.RH