Sign in to follow this  
jack-daniels

black screen/coloured spikes/HDR issues (p3d 2.0)

Good morning everyone,

I am new to p3d and I'm asking myself, where the following problems come from, and what I could do to prevent them:

1. Sometimes it happens, while in flight and fullscreen, that p3d goes into a full black screen. The flight goes on, but I've got a "black out" so to say. Sound is also going on.
Then I tried to switch to windowed mode and back to fullscreen - still got a black screen. I also can't see the menu, etc.

2. I can't say how often, sometimes after seconds, sometimes after minutes there are coloured spikes, or flashes on my screen ... I deactivated HDR, no effect.
I installed a third party airport which is natively supporting p3d, not exactly v2.0 (no runway and taxi way lights, no papi, etc.).
Could that get be reason?

3. HDR looks great but it regularly darkens the screen, then it goes brighter again, especially at dusk or dawn. Sometimes it's a hard and sudden change,
I think it happened more often in the surrounding of the 3rd party airport (see number 2). Should check this behavior on stock fields..

Thanks for any tips, helps and advices :-)

You need to provide your specs.  Spikes are caused by Autogen memory starvation.  Check out the AVSIM CTD Guide and/or the AVSIM FSX/P3D Configuration Guide.  Some of these problems are related to the ATI Video Cards.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

thanks for the hints so far!

Is there a CTD guide for P3D or is it the one which can be found in the FSX forum?

Specs added to my profile.

LM is working on a lot of issues. And also the black screen problem. They will release a patch next month (2.05)

Is there a CTD guide for P3D or is it the one which can be found in the FSX forum?

The AVSIM CTD Guide for the most part applies to P3D too. But, for instance, you will not need Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 as P3DV2 only uses version 2010 (FSX addons ported over to P3DV2 might though but, if you have FSX installed, they will be already installed).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10