Sign in to follow this  
marctor

ENB/SweetFX Problems

Hi everyone,

Lately I´ve been running into some weird problems when using ENB or SweetFX. I had ENB running perfectly til some days ago when I had to reinstall FS9. Now, with no changes whatsoever to any configuration or hardware, I´ve been experiecing this kind of flashing behavior whenever I change views or open windows in 2D panels:

enb_problem.png

Note that it doesn´t show this kind of purpish color every time. Depending on the ENB settings, it may get completely dark or bright, or anything in between. But it always does that whenever changing views, which is getting pretty anoying.

My system specs:

Intel Core i7 2.67

8GB RAM

GTX 760

Any light on that will be much appreciated!

Best regards

Marcelo Torres

You might want to take a look at the pinned topic in this forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your input. I´ve elaborated on the issue and concluded it´s not directly related to ENB, although it exacerbates the problem. With a clean FS9 install, I´m experiencing lags when changing 2D views or opening 2D panels. With FXAA selected through NVidia Inspector, I also get some blurries on the whole screen, altogether with the lagging, when changing views. It happens with any aircraft but is much more evident with complex payware stuff (like the Mad Dog above) than with the defaults.

I´ve tried pretty much everything: ended up doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7, reinstalled FS9 from two different sources, replaced my GTX 760 for an old GTS 250, installed some older drivers, and the problem still persists. The curious thing is that FS9 used to work perfecly with the same config, but since I had to reinstall it I can´t find a clue to solve this issue, which is present in every reinstall I did after.

Something else that I´ve observed: when selecting "End Flight" through the menu, the upper part of the screen (with the front view and the upper part of the 2D panel) stays on screen for a second, while the lower part goes dark. I think this is also related to the issue I´m experiencing.

Best regards,

Marcelo Torres