Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Milton Shupe and Team - Web Site

Appears Garry's links to his site have been hijacked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sad to learn Garry J. Smith passed away.  Read here that some of his repaints are lost...however, I DO have most - if not all - of G.J. Smith's repaints of MIKE STONE'S aircraft. If you wish, I can make them available to you so that others can enjoy them, too.  I can provide you with some screenshots of these.  Incidentally, I also downloaded - at the time - from G.J. Smith's site, the entire web-page where each repaint (or repaints) resided. If anybody is interested, I can hand them over to you anytime..... I am an avid FS2004 fan, and will stick to this sim - above all others - for the foreseeable future.  So it's always sad to hear when some "piece" of FS2004 is lost, be it a pillar like G.J. Smith or David "Opa" Marshall, or an entire website that goes down, or irreplaceable files lost such as the Avsim hack of 2009. I don't see any option here to upload a screenshot or two to demonstrate a page or two of Mike Stone's repaints as hosted on the former site of G. J. Smith...

Hi there,

I was also very sad to learn that Garry had passed away.

I have a separate install of FS9 just for the Ford Tri-Motor Project scenery, with all the planes, as well as Milton's older stuff & Mike Stomes as well.

I was a beta tester for an unreleased project of his, a death star, with a secret hanger inside, & we chatted very often.

I would love a list of Mike's repaints. I also found a file with most of Mike's aircraft as well.

I'm also very happy with FS9, having 3 installs, a 'normal' install, a Golden Wings install & my Ford Project install.

Also, I really enjoy Garry's ramps & sloping runways, as well as a circular runway.

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...