Sign in to follow this  
ScottVal

Trying the demo, controller voices too soft

Hello-

I thought I'd download the free 7-day demo and give it a try.  I'm sort of dead in the water, because I can barely hear the controller's voices, even though I've gone into the FSX sound settings and made all sounds as soft as possible, and ATC as loud as possible.  Maybe the VoxATC sound settings are somewhere else, but I don't see them anywhere.  I don't have this issue with the default ATC.

Also, the instrument panel is barely legible.  I can make it bigger, and it looks better, but not that much better.

This is my first exposure to an add-on ATC, and I'm thinking about going with ProATC instead.

Any advice of course is appreciated.

-Scott

Open up the VOXATC voice configuration window.Click on the settings tab. It will list all of the voices that you have installed. There is a volume slider for each voice. Try that and see if it helps you.

NAX669.png

Mike,

Thanks for the help.  Yes, now I can hear the controller just fine.  I also turned off the ATC sound in the FSX sound setup, which helped.  I had been hearing the ATIS with two different voices!

Is there really just one voice?  ("Microsoft Anna") I would have expected more of a diversity of voices.

I tried the VFR tutorial, and got as far as asking ground control for clearance.  At that point I don't think "Anna" could understand me, she just kept asking me to go ahead.

My impression at this point is that this is a great idea, but further development is needed.

-Scott

Scott,

On the VOX website you can download VOXPOP voices. I think it gives you 5 or 6 additional voices. Sometimes Vox can get tempermental but most of the time it works very well.

My only complaint has to do with the way it handles AI traffic in the air.

NAX669.png