Sign in to follow this  
mmann

A request for a FTX Global Vector user

CYZT - Port Hardy Airport in British Columbia, Canada looks really bad in UTX Canada. I was wondering if someone who has FTX Global Vector can take a quick look at this airport; in particular the approach from the water towards runway 16.

You don't have to post a screenshot (although one would be great); but just give me your impression of how well the airport looks integrated with the surrounding area in FSX.

CYZT looks bad in my P3Dv2 FTX Vector with FS 2010 mesh as there is an airport elevation error that has not been corrected yet.   Airport is on "pillars" right now...  :-)

So, despite the fact that you have the recommended mesh, FTX Global Vector still has some airport problems? I thought Orbx said they had, and I quote from their site; "Corrected airport elevations for all default airports".

That being said, CYZT looks bad in UTX Canada as well. With the corrected shorelines in UTX the default airport boundary extends too far to the east, which creates a water climbing the cliff problem.

I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Most of the airports are fine...  They missed a few and hopefully they will have a patch or two to fix them up.