Sign in to follow this  
furger

FSXstarter/DX10 Fixer compatibilty

Hi,

Is there anybody already using FSXstarter together with DX10 Fixer and if so, does that work?

Andreas

Andreas Furger

Never used starter, I use FSXAssist and it works fine with that.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

FXS Starter has no connection to the DX10 Scenery Fixer, Andreas.

It operates similar to RadeonPro or Nvidia's Inspector - the only difference being that they set the graphics driver parameters at the graphics driver level (which is running all the time), and that driver will sense FSX starting, and will alter the default graphics to the settings in the Inspector/RadionPro FSX profile. 

You manually start the DX10 SF, you then set some parameters which makes some changes in the various FSX cfg files, and then you close the Fixer: Done!... The Fixer itself does not run after that. FSX simply reads those changes (from the fsx.cfg, the shader folders, etc..)

FSX Starter only starts the programs - the addons - that you want to have running when you're using FSX, like - ActiveSky Next, or REX, or TrackIR, or EZCA, or PlanG, or EFB, FSPassengers, and so on.

A bit clearer?

pj 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ok, I think that is clear to me. Thank you.

I thought that there would be much more problems when e.g. DX10 Fixer is making amendments in the files actively used by FSX and FSXstarter is thereafter overwriting these amendments for example by copying files from a FSXstarter repository (I am currently thinking if setting up a primarily used DX10 environment and on the other hand a DX9 environment). But as it looks like that seems not to be the case.

Andreas

Andreas Furger

... but you will probably have two separate Inspector profiles, as DX9 makes use of AA in a different way to the DX10 profile.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yes, but sholuldn't be a problem, should it?

As far as I recall the old batch-file-driven-time, nvidiaInspector profiles can be linked to applications. So at least at that time I just made a copy of fsx.exe => fsx_DX9.exe. Then I linked the two exe files to the DX10 resp. DX9 profile of nvidiaInspector. Correct?

Andreas

Andreas Furger