Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit - 0.9.3

Small update to the Addon Manager in this release. If you are having problems installing DLC via GFWL, you can now install it directly from the Addon Manager. I haven't tested this functionality fully, and there may be some things in Flight that don't work correctly if you don't have the content installed via the standard GFWL process. Right now there is no progress shown for the downloading DLCs. If you would like, you can also manually download the cab files for the DLCs and install them via the command line: AddonManager.exe "foo.cab"

http://flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/FlightToolkit_0_9_3.zip

Instructions for installing DLC:
- Install the toolkit
- Start the Addon Manager
- Find the DLC you need to install
- Click the empty checkbox next to it. This should prompt if you would like to download the DLC. If you say yes, the download will begin in the background, and the item should be disabled until it finishes.

Warning: Several DLCs are very large and most likely will take a long time to download
Warning: This feature should only be used for DLC you already own.

Features:
- Install DLC directly from Microsoft CDN
- If an addon URL points to a .addon file, it can be download automatically when you try to install an addon that depends on it.
- Fixed a bug where FSX aircraft with fixed landing gear would be treated as retractable in Flight.

Thanks Stone! If we don't need to download other DLC, should we not download this update at all? Or should we do it for the next update?

All the addons I have transferred are still causing Flight to crash. It's a real shame because I've gotten 10+ things in and I can't fly any of them to test out how they fly or any possible bugs.