Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adz82

Tu 204/214

Hey Guys, I just wanted to know about ur views on this aircraft TU 204/214. It just to me it dosn't look right, it dosnt sit well on the runway. To me the front if the aircraft seems to sit higher than the rear and the wing design looks so simple. I mean to me this aircraft could never even come close to being in the same league as a Boeing 757. And also these Russian PS-90a turbofans are rubbish and unreliable. Does anybody agree or do any if you guys have a different view on this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Help Using the AVSIM Forums" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Cubana seems to be doing just fine operating those, I think there's nothing wrong with  TU204/214. It's just not as economical to operate as western made jets, that doesn't make it any less reliable or less safe than B757 for example. 

I personally like both B757 and TU-204... I hope to visit Cuba again some year and hopefully take some flights in all those interesting eastern made aircraft. 

I do like them as well. I can't comment on comfort, engines etc, but I like the design. Actually that applies for most any Soviet built civilian aircraft I know.

On a sidenote - why has this been moved to the FSX forum? Wouldn't the Hangar Chat forum be a better palce to discuss that (pretty general) matter?