Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FSUIPC joystick assignments problem

Guest Mik75

Hi!

I've been using FSUIPC axis and buttons assignment for my stick and yoke for quite a time now.

I had to unplug everything from my machine when a additional SSD had to be built in. I thought, I plugged all the USB devices into the same ports as before, but obviously I didn't. My yoke or stick are now referred as joy #4 which hasn't any assignments. So they both don't work anymore, no matter which port I tried.

Is there a simple solution or do I have to reconfigure everything?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Mik75
delete the settings file.

But then, all the assignments are gone, right?

There are settings in the fsupic.ini file that let you use names for usb devices so you don't have to worry about what port you put devices in to... as we used to say in the navy.. RTFM ..

I would save a copy of your ini file, create a few simple settings for a previously working aircraft, then see what control the new fsuipc.ini file has for the new aircraft, then copy the relevant settings from the original .ini file to the new one..

Always keep a good copy of your fsuipc.ini file just for such an event.

Guest Mik75
There are settings in the fsupic.ini file that let you use names for usb devices so you don't have to worry about what port you put devices in to... as we used to say in the navy.. RTFM ..

I would save a copy of your ini file, create a few simple settings for a previously working aircraft, then see what control the new fsuipc.ini file has for the new aircraft, then copy the relevant settings from the original .ini file to the new one..

Always keep a good copy of your fsuipc.ini file just for such an event.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. That sounds promising, I'll give it a try tonight!

When you redo your settings assign a letter to each joystick, that way you can plug them into any USB port and your settings will remain.

Page 25 of users guide

Guest Mik75

Thank you for that hint! I wish I would have known that before! ;-)