Sign in to follow this  
cpward

photoreal and default bleeding through help please !

Ok im asking for help on this one as i am having major problems and have tried everything so far i can think of .

Ok the problem i am having im working on photo real so far i got the .BGL file done along with the watermask and blendmask its complete there before i start adding the autogen to it and models i need to clean up the areas where the default is showing up around the shore lines due to the default not being in the correct location . i tried to follow the tutorial that is out there for using sbuilderx but that shows how to do it with an island and makes really no sense to me tbh .

My question to you all is there a program or what can i do to get rid of the default that is showing in this scenery in the image below 

2014-1-12_13-37-42-63_zps29930607.png

Thanks

i guess what im asking is there a program or easy way to get rid of that by exluding it some how ? 

You need to exclude the default hydro-poly and shorelines then create new ones.

The preferred program would be SBuilderX.

i tired sbuilderx the tutorial shows how to do it for an island and i dont quite under stand how to do it thats  the issue :(

i tired sbuilderx the tutorial shows how to do it for an island and i dont quite under stand how to do it thats  the issue :(

Then try another tutorial? Within the Scenery Library here at Avsim are some good tutorials on scenery design and using SBuilderX. Search using author:  Luis Feliz-Tirado

What you will be looking to do is exclude existing water and shorelines where your photo work is and then adding back new water polygons to match up to you photo area. Be aware that water exclusions cover a QMID level 11 area, which may be more than what you want, but that's how the terrain system works in FSX. You can see the size of a QMID 11 area by turning on the QMID grid at level 11 within SBuilderX.

Some addon scenery packages (e.g. UTX) improve coastline definition so it matches the photographic scenery better.

Anyway, in my self-made photosceneries I always include a part of the sea/lake water from the photo, enough to cover the "surplus" of FSX default coast, with a smooth transition into the FSX water obtained by means of a gradual mask

c7oh.jpg

still does not answer or help me in how to fix the coast lines in my scenery creation , how to remove default coast line that show through .

Oh, I was under the assumption you might want to learn how to do it, rather than have someone spend an hour or two writing out step-by-step instructions. Good luck with that!

still does not answer or help me in how to fix the coast lines in my scenery creation , how to remove default coast line that show through .

If your goal is simply to keep the default costline from showing through, then the simplest, least painful, and least time consuming way of doing it remains adler58's suggestion.

thanks guys i actually got it to work by trial and error probally not the correct way but it worked 

2014-1-19_13-53-8-330_zps7be91a2e.png

I am being faced with the same problem, :( Perhaps you would like to share your knowledge as to how you fixed your problem please?