Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Panel Instruments and Battery Switch

This panel worked fine, all flight instruments dark until I turned on the battery. Now the ND stays on even when the battery is off. Any idea why anybody? I back up regularly so tried going back to a panel when it was working, but no change. I reinstalled the a/c afresh (PA a380). But the ND display won't go out.

I tried adding this -

[electrical]
electric_always_available       = 0

but still the ND is permanently lit.

A small annoyance - but an annoyance even so, especially as it was OK before this afternoon.

The only thing I have done is uninstall vasFMC (I couldn't get it to work - the altitude & V/S selectors always switched to zero as I began a take-off roll, but that's a different story!). The ND was dark before I installed vasFMC and whilst I had it installed too. But as I say, I have tried installing the a/c and panel afresh but the ND is n ow stuck 'on'.

post-110788-0-40380000-1390252307.jpg

If anyone can help turn the **** thing off.... !

Thanks,

Martin

UPDATE: Now all the flight instruments are lit - not just the ND. I changed nothing meanwhile!! Anyone who says this stuff doesn't have a mind of its own - and is SPITEFUL - doesn't understand computers!!!

M.

Hi Martin,

If you have this flight saved as your default flight, un-save it! Revert to the default 172 at KSEA flight, then select your A380 and airport etc. from there. Some add-on panels will do really weird things if you don't start up with a default aircraft loaded first - the PSS Dash 8 Q300 won't let you switch on it's EHSI at all unless you start with the default 172 first in my experience (there's something like a master battery circuit missing from somewhere in the gauge programming, which may have happened in the port-over from FS2002 to FS2004, who knows?) and there may be a similar issue with this A380 panel.

Regards,

Tim

No, it isn't saved as a flight - this is how the panels now load when I select the aircraft in the FS9 menu - even if I start with the c172. (It's now back to just the ND lit up BTW!).

As I said though until today it was just fine, the ND stayed dark with this panel until I turned on the batteries.

Thanks

Hi Martin,

Which panel are you using? I'll install it on my system and see if I get the same issue

Regards,

Tim

That link won't work for anyone but you, Martin.

Can you just post the file name?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi Martin,

The ND screen which won't switch off is AB380CPT.PSSND.gau, an FS98 C+ gauge which is probably not coded for FS2004 electrical failures etc. Unfortunately it's not editable either, not by me anyway, so you may have to put up with it unless anyone else can help...

Regards,

Tim

It did start out 'off' until yesterday, so not sure why it stopped behaving. I'll see if I can find a different ND, but this one is for the a380 in that it has the vertical display, albeit in simple form. May not be easy to find another - I'll browse for a380 panels - the two others I have 'archived' are rubbish..

Thank you,

Martin

Hi Martin,

This panel does require FSUIPC, which has an "extended battery life" option in the Miscellaneous tab, if you have FSUIPC check that this option is not selected, although I tried it and it didn't work for me.

Just a thought - I did notice that the ND gauge came from a Cessna Citation panel, now there is a payware FS9 Citation X available which can be started from cold and dark - it's $49.95 - you could then swap the A380 ND for the Citation ND, and get 2 new planes for the price of 1 - provided the Citation ND is a separate gauge and not part of a "cluster" of course.

Regards,

Tim

Yes, I have registered FSUIPC so I'll check that - am also downloading a380 panels to investigate a possible replacement (I like the a380 panel I have, so am only looking to replace the ND); will have a look at the Citation X too (I have a payware version in fact, but not sure which it is as I write this) - and post back any progress of course.

Thanks for the help.

The FSUIPC option isn't checked.

I haven't found a suitable gauge to replace the ND, with the vertical display at the bottom. If anyone knows of one I can test, that'd be great. Thanks.

post-110788-0-93848900-1390353951.jpg

M.