Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

FS9! Don't be skeptical, JUST TRY IT

Guest jhaley

Visit this site. Contact this mastermind. Enjoy the simulator the way it was supposed to be enjoyed. I have taken advantage of this service through my own 3 previous rebuilds, I now have the ATI X800 card on a lightning fast system. But that means nothing, unless you understand the way things truly work. I would not hesitate to contact this person again and again. He will work HOURS with you during the initial meeting and then CONTINUE excellent service afterward to answer your questions and continue to tweak your system. You WILL simply be blown away, this is no gimmick. You WILL understand more about the way your system and the simulator function. Stop wasting time reading posts from many who simply don't understand the way hardware and this software work together. Stop wasting time and money trying to find solutions that don't work. Go here now, check out the information, contact Michael Greenblatt. I say to you now, you will NOT be disappointed, you will be amazed at the speed and clarity your simulator will perform.THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION: You will read posts here and at the site asking questions about the service. Some will be positive, some will not. IT DOESN'T MATTER. TRY IT, and see for yourself. IT WORKS, it is AMAZING. Just TRY IT. Don't ask questions of me, ask this man! HE HAS YOUR ANSWERS! www.fs-gs.comJ HaleyThunder BayCanada

And if you visit in the next 30 seconds we'll throw in the DIAL-O-MATIC food slicer at no extra charge!!That's right, you get Flight Simulator running at optimal performance AND a food slicer, all for one low price.

This sounds like it was written by an ad agency, and not by someone reviewing a product. We've seen many threads on this service, so please give users specifics--how did fs-gs help you, what areas of your system were weak, and so on. "Stop wasting time reading posts from many who simply don't understand the way hardware and this software work together. Stop wasting time and money trying to find solutions that don't work."Reading these posts isn't a waste of time if one has the time to organize the information available and apply it in the right way.Where fs-gs excels is in taking the time to hand-hold users through the process of optimizing their systems and in compiling all the experience out there with system/MSFS setups. But there are members here who equal or exceed the experience of the team at FS-GS. Most of us don't have that time to hand-hold users through the process of optimizing their systems and that's why I (for example) long ago quit offering systems support here, but we could provide just as good a service if we did and didn't have our own 24x7 commitments. And trust me that many of the tips even fs-gs provides were gleaned from these forums and the use-net--tweaking your Nvidia card isn't something taught as part of an MCSE course or A+ course.Anyway, I'd like to see people promoting this service for the right reasons without sounding like a paid advertisement. There's been too many threads in the forum already but none have convinced me, and few others here with systems backgrounds, that one could achieve any better results if one knows where to obtain the knowledge. I think this is a service that should be marketed by anecdotal reports of users sharing with the forum where results have been obtained and why. -JohnEditid becoz I cannedt spelOne more edit--something about this thread struck me as odd:Take a look at jhaley's response in this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search

can I get 50% off on the food slicer instead?My FS is already running well enough :)

I've heard good things about them, but blatant advertising isn't going to help them one bit.In fact, it's counterproductive as it's against the rules of this forum and those companies who usually lower themselves to such tactics are not companies you want to be compared with...

Guest Madtrapper

I just checked out FS-GS forum from the link...The forum is pretty well inactive....last post Jan 02/2005 from a guest...for a sticky thread dated Dec21/2003.....last thread sept 01/2004 ...keep the food slicer........lol

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I have a feeling that this guy is pretty legit, and his service is very intense and, I can't remember where I saw or heard this, but when you are satisfied, then you pay.In truth, I've been thinking of letting him take a shot at my system, as even as new and fast as it is, I am sure a 'real' expert on FS and on computers could aid in smoother performance and better frames per second.Sixty bucks, is sixty bucks, however many of us have spent much more trying to optimize our systems and not had really fantastic results.As a last ditch effort, i think, down the road I'll give it a try as I have spent much more, on much less.And, lastly, I have not heard one single negitive item from anyone who has used his service . . . and in this community, one dissatisfied customer gets tons of attention. Just my not so humble .03 cents worth.Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Hi J Haley.You might also mention that after contacting FS-GS, you will be expected to NOT divulge the essence of any system tweaks they perform on your computer. A de-facto non-disclosure agreement.Actully, this is no problem, because if you understood your system, you would not need their service in the first place. So it's unlikely that you could share anything with us, other than your personal testimonial. Do I hear an "Amen"?The FS-GS posts have been beaten to death. I don't know why you would bring it up again. FS-GS depends on the user's ignorance to make their service financially viable. If they ever shared the content of their systems knowledge, they wouldn't make a dime. I don't have a real problem with that, but in essence, your post is simply an advertisement... if I wanted ads, I'd go watch TV.You could have mentioned FS-GS in the topic title, so the rest of us could simply not read yet another FS-GS post. Instead you choose to "tease" the forum readers with your title's hype.I hope one of the administrators removes this thread before the flames get out of hand.Dick

Guest Madtrapper

>I just checked out FS-GS forum from the link...The forum is>pretty well inactive....last post Jan 02/2005 from a>guest...for a sticky thread dated Dec21/2003.....last thread>sept /2004 ...keep the food slicer........lolI should have mentioned and I`m sorry for that.....FS-GS has discontinued the forum as one of the free services and instead it will continue as a selfhelp and information gathering area for all people to use....

Guest jhaley

Clay, I strongly suggest you give it a try. When it's finished, post back here. I would encourage others who have taken the plunge to post too, the whole project was a big eye-opener. Suppose I've come off as the latest super ad, just a big believer who decided to give it a try and am totally pleased with the outcome. I can't say if there have been unhappy users, but I find it hard to believe. This is not a paid ad, despite how it sounds, I'm just a completely happy customer. The first time I started the sim after the process was completed, I was truly amazed at what I saw. Crystal clear textures, total smoothness and sliders cranked. I was skeptical, I took the plunge and that's the only reason I write this. If people want the most out their sim, they should contact this fellow and see for themselves. Not happy? Don't pay. Holy smokes, how could it be easier than that. I'm simply saying: "just try it". When you have, post back here, let users tell you. John Haley

The fs-gs service is definitely a legit service.... Even for someone of a systems background, I'd say it's of value if you are:~Switching from one O/S to another~Going from one processor (Pentium) to another (Athlon)~Switching from one video card mfr to another~Going from one version of MSFS to anotherand:~You don't have time to research all the issues associated with each of these tasks. However, I always question posts like this, especially in light of the same words being posted verbatim in two different threads. I think the fs-gs team is wiser than this, but some firms in the past have offered discounts to users or free services in exchange for "glowing reviews". The flip side to that is that some users post glowing reviews hoping they'll get a phone call saying "we loved your review, we'll waive the cost of the service". For me, the most convincing posts that have motivated me to purchase a service of an add-on are those that share specifics. -John

John,I think the reason your post came across as an ad is because you already made these remarks vs fs-gs in another thread. Posting the same remarks across multiple threads takes the appearance of spam, even if that's not your intent. And in your reply, you still don't offer specifics. No links to screenshots, no before and after results, no system specs--nothing to sway users.-John

Dick, In my reply above I outline some circumstances under which even I'd consider the service.How much does time cost? I'd argue that it can take several weeks to compile all the tips related to a specific O/S & Hardware combo. Even at minimum wage, if someone exceeds twelve hours of research, they've reached break-even if someone's done the research for them.I'm not saying I like the manner in which this thread appeared or the misleading title. But to knock fs-gs based on one (two) overzealous post isn't fair to people who do make a living supporting computer users, myself included.-John