Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

FS9! Don't be skeptical, JUST TRY IT

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,I had the service done some time ago, it is by far the best money I 've spent on FS.AVSIM was suppose to do a review of this service, I'm still waiting for this to happen. Once this happens, I think alot of the no one can tell me how to setup my system, or its for people who don't know what they are doing will fade away.I use to think no-one could show me how to setup my system, I've been building, repairing, troubleshooting computers since the days of the IBM 8088's.I was wrong, FSGS has my system running far better than I have ever had it running, MOST of the tweaks you see here do more harm than good.How about it Tom, when can we expect to see a review of this service?.Mike

Guest bigun

I also had the service performed about a year ago and tried to post my results here in a thread. I am NOT a "computer ignorant" person and have also been building my own stuff for many years. The service was indeed a big help for me and your right, you don't pay until you are happy. Biggest problem with posting about FS-GS on the forum is you have a multitude of "self proclaimed' experts come out of the woodwork and proclaim it as "snake oil" That, of course, without having a clue about what the service is all about. There is no doubt that you could spend week upon week tweaking this and that until you hit the right combo for FS,,,,maybe. The fact is, nothing that FS-GS does is "top secret" stuff. All of the steps and procedures taken are available if you know what to look for. The key is that Michael goes through your system in a systematic, methodical way and you end up with a set-up that gets everything possible out of YOUR system. And of course I'm sure that the "experts" will now come in here and tell me I'm full of &^*^:-wave My two cents.

John, glad you clarified that cause I was about a microsecond away from locking the thread down for blatant advertising. :)

I have to admit: some time ago I was about a nanosecond away from contracting this service, enticed and lured by this paragraph from the description of what the guy calls "system unification":"The results to date have been scores of satisfied customers many of whom had given up on their machines believing them to be incapable of ever achieving satisfactory performance.Users of all skill levels who had previously thought their systems obsolete and could not even consider expensive upgrades have found that ?system unification? has given them the ability to enjoy their gaming experience on a par with users with ?high end? systems. High end users benefit from the increased stability and functionality of their systems."My problem is (speaking as someone who is reasonably knowledgeable but no an expert on computers) that after reading this I still have absolutely no idea as to what this service is going to do for me. "Scores of satisfied customers?" Where? Who? How? Why are these people satisfied? Are they satisfied because, finally, FS9 will run without CTD, or are they satisfied because they've seen a substantial increase in fps?The service might be very good; but it sure isn't marketed in a very convincing fashion.ricardo

Guest Zevious Zoquis

I haven't taken the plunge for this either becuase frankly, I can't imagine being able to get better performance than I currently do out of my not very powerful system (I'm one of those annoying fellows who has quite literally never had a ctd while running FS9 and I get performance that seems to be equal to what folks with considerably more powerful systems are getting so ftmp I'm a happy camper). However, it seems to me that the fact that you don't pay unless you are satisfied with the results sort of trumps all concerns and questions you may have about the service.

Guest jhaley

My own personal opinion of course. But one of the greatest things about this service is the clarity and sharpness that the sim now runs. Aircraft, at full settings, are crystal clear, razor sharp images. Then you have the ability to crank every display setting to full and still run the sim more smoothly than you have ever seen previously. You're ground textures are sharper, your autogen is cranked to the fullest. There is no strain for the sim to perform, it's set up with Michael to maximize your computer and its software with the sim. You switch views around your aircraft, the views change instantly, no pause as the view changes. Same thing exterior views, all fast and all impressively sharp and clear. Weather systems are magnificently rendered in that same sharp and clear detail. I had my doubts too, but I tried it. I thought this: if this truly is garbage, I won't pay for it. When we completed the system unification and I started the sim for the first time, I was truly in awe of what I saw. Some people are going to look at this and say, it's an ad or whatever. But I'm saying this as in my titled post, JUST TRY IT. See for yourself what I'm talking about. Work with someone who is at the top of his field with this sort of thing. Don't worry about what others are going to say, if you want to see the sim at its full potential, just try it. Someone sent me a private e-mail asking for more detail. Where do I possibly begin to start. My first session with Michael lasted an entire afternoon. We modified my system, we modified the sim as per his direction. I still can reach him when I add or delete flightsim programs for help in tweaking things again. You just don't pay and end your association, it's a learning curve for me and I've learned a great deal. You wouldn't be disappointed. I mentioned earlier about all the posts here recommending this and that for tweaking your system. Well how would any of us really know what works and doesn't. Some of us have more experience than others with this sort of thing and that's great. This guy knows how to run your sim full settings and yet still achieve full performance. Why wouldn't we want that? Those that are looking for more from the sim, are wondering why there are jerks, stutters. Why settings have to be turned down, try this and see it work for you. I know those who have bashed the post simply cannot have tried this. If you did, you'd understand what I mean. Listen, it's up to you to decide. I'm trying to tell you this works and it's the best money I spent. Canadian currency converted, I spent close to a 100 dollars for this. I wouldn't change a thing. John Haley

I'm another satisfied customer but frankly there's some aftertaste... I don't know how to express it in exact terms, probably the way they (did I say they?) this respectful person markets his service can be more open and less allegorical?I fully agree with what JhonCi stated above.For me it was an interesting experience, learnt something new, saved me some time on reading and muddling with more settings. I've gone this road since then anyways so I'm using "some" here.One thing I'm confident of it's not the best business model on the both sides I've seen so far by far. And it's more like I took more time from that gentleman than I paid for whatever that means.

"I know those who have bashed the post simply cannot have tried this. If you did, you'd understand what I mean.""This guy knows how to run your sim full settings and yet still achieve full performance." You still have skirted the issues I raised in my replies. Show us screenshots, post system specs, etc.... Show us shots with autogen cranked, AI present, and the fps counter displayed and don't say "it's only 10fps, but it's soooo smooth" :)The reason why I think these are important things to share is that without them, people will continue to flame this service whether it deserves it or not. No one's going to decide based on two identical posts, in two different threads, that frankly sound like infomercials. "Just try it" doesn't work and doesn't sell.Problem with all reviews of this service (that I've seen) is a lack of before/after documentation--there's lots of after information, but little "before". Based on my own humble system compared to info posted on faster systems, I have a ballpark idea of what users should be getting. I suspect that for every user using this service we have users who achieve the same results without it. Point is, if the service is worthy, then make a greater effort promoting it. IMHO, you've fallen short so far.-John

Also, you guys who are satisfied like me with that experience better don't post in this officious manner. Doesn't do any good for neither of the sides as you can see...

Guest jhaley

John, if you want screen shots go to the site and look at some of the detail that's posted there. The users that have posted here and there know the end result of the service that's provided. It really doesn't matter about system specs and frame rates, from what I know each system is worked on its own strengths to maximize performance. Hypo: I post my specs and screenshots and you start asking more questions about the fact that my system is high end and so therefore the performance I'm seeing is related to my machine and its hardware. Or the screenshot program or resolutions or monitor or whatever. I could answer 50 questions and post all kinds of screenies and still you'll have that doubt until you try it yourself. Try the same thing with a lower end system and it works along the same level. I'm not here to try and explain it, I'm a satisfied customer who has some understanding of how my system works with the sim, nothing more. If you want detail as to the process, visit the site and contact Michael Greenblatt. He can answer your questions. I've explained how users can expect sliders cranked and incredible detail and sharpness. Getting your sim to that level is FSGS's to perform. Let's be honest. People will flame this service regardless of whatever is posted in attempts to answer your questions. Good and bad, it's the way these things work. But I say this to you, what have you got to lose by trying it? Nothing. Not a cent if you're not happy. If anything you have even more of a background to say what you want about the program without having to resort to "what you suspect". You look at your sim when this is done and you say, this hasn't made a bit of difference for me. I haven't seen anyone saying that so far. I've used it and it works for me. If you want to try and see if it works for you, the door is open. If you don't, that's fine too. As I have said repeatedly, don't be skeptical, just try it. John Haley

Sorry John, Your reply doesn't cut it. Sounds dodgy to me--you've dodged every attempt to pin you down to specifics. I only run into that when buying a car and trying to haggle over a price. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until this reply. I'm not asking you to sell this to me--I'm asking to sell it to all the forum members. As far as the "what do you have to lose" question, it's asked often in time share presentations. It's a high pressure tactic.I more than welcome excited reviews by forum members--I've given many of my own and have sometimes neglected the negatives, being so overwhelmed by the positives. But I'll answer a question honestly if asked, or respond with I don't know when I don't. Something strikes me about your style as evasive, almost as if you're afraid to give detail for fear of breaking a contract.No need to reply, I'll bow out of the thread. I just hope this thread hasn't tarnished a service that has helped some people. -John

Guest av84fun

<>Your first instinct was right. It WAS advertising. Maybe the service is totally great but that's another issue.Just IMHO.Jim

Similar here. I think they would be able to get more out of my machine (despits me already getting performance similar to or higher than I see others reporting from heavier hardware) but that would require shutting down several things I've running on this machine that I can't afford to shut down (this machine is used for more than just FS and some of those things (which require little resources) need to run 24/7).So they would have to work within restrictions which (if I read their TOS correctly) would mean they'd not even accept my custom...

Guest shanwick

Has there ever been a review of this service?An independant review by a respected organisation such as Avsim would, I am sure, be very welcome - especially as the service would appear to offer a great deal to enthusiasts who don't have a wealth of computer knowledge. I'm not the only person who has suggested this.I would be very interested to know why Avsim has never done this. Perhaps they have considered it and turned it down, but it would still be interesting to know why. I'm not holding my breath for an answer though :-)David

Yup shameless advertising. The title if not anything else gives it away. Replace FS 9 with FSGS in the title perhaps ;)