Sign in to follow this  
Fabio Miguez

Fuel freezing characteristics for operational procedures

I am writing a guide on Polar Operations for Skywards Virtual (we emulate Emirates Airlines), and in the topic of fuel freezing, the real Emirates has company policy depending on the type of fuel you use, Jet A or Jet A1, due to their different freezing temperatures (already covered here in this forum in a number of messages).

What I have been unable to find out is if PMDG has built in functionality for these two types or not. I.e. perhaps changing the fuel freezing temperature in the FMC changes the fuel freeze logic behind the scenes. That would be an interesting way to add such flexibility.

Or they've modeled their fuel freeze around Jet A only, which is fine too.

But I'm looking for confirmation one way or another, so our guidance can be accurate.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio Miguez

Hello,

this is a kind of question that would probably be better be sent via ticket system where it is sure to be forwarded to proper person. Not sure if they will notice it here.

In any case, please, let us know your findings!

But I'm looking for confirmation one way or another, so our guidance can be accurate.

They did this in the MD-11.  If you can do it in the NGX or the 777 I do not know.

Kyle Rodgers