Sign in to follow this  
mattius

FSNAV very slow in updating with AA enabled????

If I have AA disabled then the map on Fsnav is fine. However, if I enable AA, (4x), then the map update is atrociously slow. Any suggestions?

Try different AA settings and make sure the settings are done on the card and not from within FS.When I had a GF4 card I found that 2xAA gave problems but 4xAA was OK, hence my suggest to try different settings.I'm not sure if AF settings affect FSNav but it might be worth trying those at different settings.Best of luck.

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi,The only time I have had FSNavigator open and close slow was when it went like this:-If I was in windowed mode, FSNavigator would open and close just fine, -But if I went to Full screen mode, then FSNavigator would open and close real slow, I do not know why, but I can fix it by having a second window open at the same time. example of this is having a window like FSBrowser, or ADV Display module open at the same time as FSNavigator, know I can open and close FSNavigator and it is fast again. Take away FSBrowser and ADV Display module and FSNavigator becomes slow again.Hope this helps,

Guest ohioguy

I'm in the same boat, I'll add that AA in fullscreen causes more problems for me than just FSNav. When I hit Atl. to bring up the upper menu bar to change ai or whatever, it kind of flickers. Overall FS9 doesn't seem very stable with AA activated from my card and in fullscreen mode. In window mode everything is fast a smooth. FSNav is perfect and there is NO flickering in the FS menus. Also, fullscreen mode during start-up is very squirrly. My screen flickers and the initial start-up menu is slow to load. Again, window mode, no problem. I have abandoned AA as I can't stand window mode. Btw, I have a 6800 gt. Tried the newest Nvidia drivers as well as the Omega ones.Any ideas?

IIRC the problems with FS9, AA, FSNav & full screen have been known about since FS9 was released.I seem to remember Pete Dowson getting invloved at some stage with his FSUIPC and finding the problem was something to do with the order in which FS9 'looks at' or loads other programs and DLL's.Sorry I can't be more specific but it was a considerable time ago when all this happened and I'm not a programmer so most of it went over my head.All I can say is that FS9 in windowed mode does not cause problems with AA on.Starting FS9 in full screen mode with AA on can cause problems no matter what value of AA you have ans witching between full screen and windowed mode can cause similar problems.I have just done a test with my system.Abit NF7 boardAMD XP25001GB RAMRadeon 9800Pro cardWin XP Pro SP12xAA, 4xAF set in display properites AA off in FS9, T&L on, Render to texture off, Trilinear filtering on.I can open FS9 in either full screen or windowed mode without a problem and FSNav loads without a problem in either mode. I can also ALT+TAB between FS9 and any other open program.If I go from full screen to window mode then minimise FS9, then double click on FS9 in the taskbar FS9 opens in a small window, no problem so far. However if I now click the 'maximise' icon in FS9's titlebar the small windowed version of FS9 remains, the hour glass flickers, FS9's titlebar appears at the top of my screen but FS9 never actually opens to full screen windowed mode.The only way I can clear FS9 is through Task ManagerJust one of the many things the FS9 patch did not address.TBH I don't mind running windowed mode, I certainly have not seen any difference in performance running full screen or windowed, unlike previous versions of FS.Hope the above is of some use to some of you.