Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

Altitude and graphic problem with B1900

Hi Everyone, I did buy the plane and and of course after reading the manual i tried it and i did notice the following problems.

The main problem is that once i have set up the flight plan and insert the altitude  and after take off i click on nav and the plane follow the route and climb to the selected altitude but once it reach the selected altitude it doesnt leve off. Well it level off but in tehe wrog way first i selected 18000  feet it reached 18100 then started to descend to 17900 then up again to 18100 then down again to 17900 and so on for all the route. It seems a bit strange and second i do have a graphic problems with the TCAS and the Route when i select the MAp. The problem can be see in he attached file. And u can see that the altitude is at 18000 altimeter at 18000 but VSI is still climbing.

Thanks It helps to know thatthe fmc is not working:D I will wait for apatch and use the GPS and any idea for the graphic issue? 

Thanks for reply

Alfredo,
So far I have not seen - + altitude oscillations.
I will be doing tests today and will look for it again.

Which version of Windows do you have?
Were you using FSX or P3D?

Which version of FSX or P3D?

What was your flight plan?

Did you do the flight plan in the FMC by inserting each waypoint or did you use a saved FS flight plan and load it?

Where did you insert your altitude?

Were the graphic problems "with the TCAS and the Route when i select the MAp" visible when you first loaded the aircraft?

Do you have Carenado B1900D SP1 installed?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Well i i use FSX +ACC pack on wndows 7. I select teh altitude in the altitde selector and then on FMC as well and when i engage autopilot and when i click on Nav on fmc the plane follow the altitude selected inside the FMC as it should. The flight plan is inserted Waypoint by waypoint. But the problem is the same in every plane of carenado who have a map like the B200. And same problem with tcas that the upper partof the arc disappear and appear again. I bought the plane couple of days ago so i supposed the Sp1 is already installed but abnyway i installed it again. I suppose it can be a problm with Nvidea setting thru Nvidia ispector.

Well i i use FSX +ACC pack on wndows 7. I select teh altitude in the altitde selector and then on FMC as well and when i engage autopilot and when i click on Nav on fmc the plane follow the altitude selected inside the FMC as it should. The flight plan is inserted Waypoint by waypoint. But the problem is the same in every plane of carenado who have a map like the B200. And same problem with tcas that the upper partof the arc disappear and appear again. I bought the plane couple of days ago so i supposed the Sp1 is already installed but abnyway i installed it again. I suppose it can be a problm with Nvidea setting thru Nvidia ispector.

I have FSX Acceleration also.

I currently use the RXP Garmin with Carenado B1900D in FSX (not using the FMC .. but had it turned on for previous tests .... so for this test I will change it back to the Carenado Garmin and FMC.

I have test in P3Dv2 (stock FMC and Garmin) and no altitude oscillations at 18K or 25K .... I would expect the same good results with FSX .. but not tested yet with the default Garmin/FMC.

If you give me your flight plan and a screenshot of the FMC showing the altitude inserted I will do the same thing.

You are the first to report a graphics problem with the gauges ..... as far as I know.

Best Regards,

I had no doubt i was the only one to report it it opften happen to me:D The flight plane was from VTCC to VTSP. PSL TL BKK HOTEL UKERA MENEX APRIL STN. The flight plan was inserted point by point. And the altitude selcted was 18000. Then i selcted 20000. and at cruise altitude the oscillation stopped.

"I had no doubt i was the only one to report it it opften happen to me:D"

That sounds like a problem with your setup ... somewhere?

"And the altitude selcted was 18000. Then i selcted 20000. and at cruise altitude the oscillation stopped."

For me to set up I need to know where 18000/2000 etc are dialed or inserted and when?

Like .. were all waypoints in the fms set to 18000 ...??? or just one.

Was the Altitude alerter changed also?

Best Regards,

All waypoints had the 18000 set and aside the star that had costraints. Yes i am sure it is a problem of setting i suppose of Nvidia 

I would not expect "All waypoints had the 18000 set".

"and aside the star that had costraints"

were these waypoints in the plan?

Did you set 20000 on original flight or today?

Edit:

Just to let you know, your original purchase download/install did include SP1.

Best Regards,

I removed the RealityXP Garmin and got the Carenado Garmin back in.

I did a flight plan using the Universal FMS.

Each waypoint was a different altitude automatically (screenshot).. I did not have to select altitudes.

But, I made one of my waypoints FL180 for this test.

I departed and leveled at several altitudes (ALT SEL) with no oscillations.

I went up to FL180 in NAV mode .. no capture or oscillation problems.

I did a video but it is long so I will have to edit to get the capture at FL180 and then put it on utube.

post-140279-0-31141700-1391733975.jpg

Best Regards,

Alfredo,

My first video was too long and I could not get it into an editor .. so, I made as short video while playing the original.
Controlling the the start stop of the master video player with no sound and re-recording with a new sound track on the fly was hard to do.

Net result was not a good narration but good enough for you to see the altitude captures, the panel and a little info on the cabin altitude gauges (last coup;e minutes).

Best Regards,

Thanks for the time u wasted to make this vide but it is very usefull thanks again ! I really appreciate it