Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

Inertial Navigation System

For those of you familiar with the Litton-72 INS, I have a question about which numbers to punch in. I understand that waypoints are usually stated in degrees, minutes, and seconds (DD.MM.SS) so an N41.46.12 is punched in as such. When I look in my flight plan from FS2004, I often get waypoint latitudes and lonitudes as follows: N50* 1.53 E6* 54.45 Does this equate to N50.01.5 E06.54.4 or N50.10.5 E60.54.4 ?Thanks,RH

Guest RonB49

"N50* 1.53 E6* 54.45 Does this equate to N50.01.5 E06.54.4 or N50.10.5 E60.54.4 ?"Neither. 50* 1.53 equals 50 degrees, 1.53 minutes equals 50 degrees, 1 minute, 32 seconds (actually 31.8 seconds). 60 seconds times the decimal part of the minutes. 60 X .53 = 31.8. R-

hey,if you want to use coordinates from an FS2K4 flightplan,it's best to load the flightplan,then go to edit,and click every waypoint,and write it down.that way you'll get the lat/lon in an easier to convert format.iirc you only have to round it up.i.e N22.30.56 becomes N22.30.6 and so on.the format used in the fs2k4 flightplans requires a lot ofmath :)personally i use http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ and after getting the ATS route from them,i go to www.pmfp.com where i enter all details of my flight,and then get a nice,printable briefingpackage,which contains the route,complete with waypoint coordinates in the needed format.btw,there isn't a better ins as this one: www.simufly.com/ins ;)tataJP.