Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Using Justin Tyme's 38m USA mesh and USA Roads

Guest melevine

Hello to all:I have a few questions and hope that I can hear from one of you smart folks with answers. I have downloaded many of Justin Tyme's 38m mesh zips for the US, but have not installed any of them yet to my default FS9 scenery.I plan to install USA ROADS soon.Question 1: Does USA Roads need to be installed over the default FS9 scenery for it to render correctly? .....OR.....Question 2: Can I install Justin's mesh scenery and then install USA Roads with correct results?Hope to hear from you soon....thanks in advanceR/Mike

Guest JimC1702

Mike,You'll be very happy with Justin's mesh and USA Roads, it's a great combination. You might also want to consider Justin's US Landclass.I also added Markus Brunner's American Data Streams, Rails, and Utilities. Makes for a very realistic environment, especially for VFR flying.Jim

Guest melevine

Thanks for the quick reply and info

Guest melevine

Jim,What exactly would US Landclass provide above and beyond the mesh scenery? Also, did you get Markus Brunner's files via AVSIM, or are they a commercial product?R/Mike

Guest JimC1702

Mike,You can think of landclass as a canvas which is draped over the mesh. It determines the textures which are displayed whether urban, suburban, rural, farm, forest, etc."Streams, Rails, and Utiliites" is payware but only $9.95.Jim

Guest melevine

Is the landclass available via AVSIM, and like the mesh scenery, HUGE files???Since Streams, Rails and Utilities is payware, who sells it?Mike

Guest JimC1702

The US Landclass is available at the same link Jim just posted above. It's only a 2.55 Mb download. Justin continually updates it and the updates are free.Jim

Do you know if the USA Roads program REMOVES existing roads first so that you don't have odd overlaps and conflicts between USA Roads and default roads etc, and also streams, rails etc for the other $9.95 upgrade program?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest bonjourmoi44

What would the frame rate hit be by using the products listed above? I want to get them, but do you think it would require loosing FPS?

Guest wathomas777

Landclass has no frame rate hit, as it simply rearranges the textures that are displayed. A good landclass makes a world of difference because it provides even remote areas that sense of uniqueness by mixing up the textures a bit. And Justin's is a good landclass.I don't notice a hit on mesh either. I have run default mesh and Justin's mesh, and prefer the default. This is not any fault of Justin or anyone else, but rather a problem with the FS world itself. When you increase the fidelity of one part of the scenery picture, the other inconsistencies are more pronounced. Mesh, has a tendency to produce runways, rivers, and lakes on "mesas" or in "box canyons". This is not the Meshes fault, as it is the altitude data of said runways lakes and rivers that is often innacurate. Also, since an Airports "altitude" is flat, and runways don't follow the terrain (a limit of Microsoft's coding), you often have one side of the runway flush with the rest of the ground, and the other end is either elevated on a mesa, or in a slight canyon. US roads will provide a "bit" of a hit due to all the extra road textures being loaded. This will be most noticable when first starting up (longer load time before starting the flight) and in urban areas where road density is at it's highest. USA roads has a neat feature that allows the user to use "Major Roads Only" and this does help, while still providing an adequate road network. The choice is yours, do you want to fly to the street you may live on? or do you want all the major arterials showing up. And USA Roads definition of a major road is pretty liberal, because you will still see quite a bit of roads with major roads only. It's just the neighborhood and small rural roads that won't show up.They are all fine products and should not affect your system too adversly. Their frame rate hit combined is much less than a fairly major airport or some original aircraft available.

Guest bonjourmoi44

Thanks for the info Will. I have downloaded them all and we'll shall see...

Guest bonjourmoi44

I downloaded 3 of the programs: Streams, Rails, and Utilities, Landclass, and US roads and have not noticed any frame rate drop with settings on max for all options. The programs do not seem too be system hungry.

Guest bonjourmoi44

After installing the three programs some of my clouds and autogen flicker, a lot. Wonder what the deal is?