Sign in to follow this  
Crossfire

Smooth Panning?

Hello.

I just got new Saitek flight controls and for some reason I feel the panning in the virtual cockpit is kinda slow/choppy/stuttery.

Also, the spot plane view outside the airplanes is really slow to move around. (in my opinion)

Is there some way I can edit a CFG file or something, somewhere to make it aalot better/faster? Thanks!

You need to edit the cameras.cfg file for global changes or look at the camera definitions in the respective aircraft.cfg files... look for the various views and change the panning rates. The rates can be adjusted from 1 to 100 and the values relate to degrees per second. The exact information is available in the SDK if you have it installed...

I am not on a computer with FSX installed right now, so i cannot give you more info than I have in memory...

Hope this helps a little

A

I still need help with this. The panning in locked-spot view and cockpit is HORRIBLE. I even did a full repair and still no fix. I have two 770s in SLI so its not that. the hat switch on this yoke sucks i guess? its crappy and annoying i reallllly need help. 

Does anyone want to explain why I am getting really laggy hat switch panning around the plane? 

Do you have the hat switch repeat slider all the way to the right in fsx controls?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm running a i7-3770k overclocked at 4.3 GHZ, with a GTX670 graphics card.  I almost always get smooth running of scenery, but sometimes I get a little stuttering with virtual-cockpit panning (TrackIR or with the tophat).  I think that panning puts a huge load on the pc.  I've had best results with the framerate set at unlimited.  In my experience, the panning is noticeably smoother with DX10 than with DX9.

If your i-4770k is running at the stock rate of 3.5 GHz, I'd overclock it.  My experience is that higher frame rates leads to smoother panning.  The GTX 770 is a good graphics card, but I've read that SLI doesn't work in FSX.

I'm running a i7-3770k overclocked at 4.3 GHZ, with a GTX670 graphics card.  I almost always get smooth running of scenery, but sometimes I get a little stuttering with virtual-cockpit panning (TrackIR or with the tophat).  I think that panning puts a huge load on the pc.  I've had best results with the framerate set at unlimited.  In my experience, the panning is noticeably smoother with DX10 than with DX9.

If your i-4770k is running at the stock rate of 3.5 GHz, I'd overclock it.  My experience is that higher frame rates leads to smoother panning.  The GTX 770 is a good graphics card, but I've read that SLI doesn't work in FSX.

I don't know how to overclock the right way :(

I don't know how to overclock either!   :(   I bought a Jetlines system that was already overclocked.  But the 'k' in i7-4770k means that your cpu is designed to be overclocked.  It should be fairly straight-forward, although you might have to install an upgraded cooler in order to ensure that the cpu doesn't overheat.  There's lots of info. about this from Google searches and forums.  In the meantime, try getting your framerates higher by reducing your FSX settings for frame-hogs like scenery autogen and see if this smooths out your panning.  I notice that you list the PMDG 777 and 737 as the aircraft that you fly.  Those are demanding aircraft for the computer.  Overclocking should definitely help.

Does anyone want to explain why I am getting really laggy hat switch panning around the plane? 

Do you have the hat switch repeat slider all the way to the right in fsx controls?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.