Date: 16/02/2014 17:50:44

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Harris2

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.9600.16421, time stamp: 0x524fcc0b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000210d

Faulting process ID: 0x14e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf2b2dc6b30cf5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

Report ID: 1780d99a-9722-11e3-be9b-681729689984

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-02-16T15:50:44.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>6980</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Harris2</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>

<Data>46fadb14</Data>

<Data>uiautomationcore.dll</Data>

<Data>7.2.9600.16421</Data>

<Data>524fcc0b</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0000210d</Data>

<Data>14e4</Data>

<Data>01cf2b2dc6b30cf5</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll</Data>

<Data>1780d99a-9722-11e3-be9b-681729689984</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

OK. So I've read up on the forum, but my UIauto..file is in my Windows/System32 directory and NOT in the FSX root directory.

Questions. I'm on W8.1 with my laptop right now, and halfway through a full Type conversion course on the 737NG. Not much spare time to play.....sorry, debug and test.

Can I install the older versions of UIautomationCore.DLL into my FSX directory and leave the newer one in the Windows Root? How do I direct FSX to look for it? Should I remove or rename the original?

Help?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

OK. So I've read up on the forum, but my UIauto..file is in my Windows/System32 directory and NOT in the FSX root directory.

The uiautomationcore.dll in your system32 folder belongs there and is another version from the one that could be placed in your main fsx folder.  The uiautomationcore.dll is part of the Microsoft.net framework packages.  It is a system file that is required whether you have FSX installed or not.  Although I do not recommend it, you can try to place the Vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder.  That has helped some but not necessarily for an error like you received.  If you placed a copy of the one in the system32 folder in the FSX main directory, then that is the problem.  You cannot do that.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides a link to the Vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll that you can try.  See page 6 of the guide (a link to the guide can be found by looking under Hot Spots on the right side of this forum).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks. There is no Other file like that in my FSX directory so I'll give it a go on my next day off....

Thanks again.

Thanks. There is no Other file like that in my FSX directory so I'll give it a go on my next day off....

Thanks again.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

FSX looks in its home folder for UIAutomationcore.dll before going to the system folder to find it. Download a vanilla copy of the DLL here, and place it in your FSX root folder, NOT your system folder. That has cured my errors regarding this DLL and will probably cure yours as well. 

Will give this a go myself, getting seemingly random crashes when flying about and appcrashviewer is giving me a very similar result to that posted above with the same uiautomation version as posted above (win 8.1 here).

Some good advice Kylan.  Thanks!

On another note, I need to tell you that we changed the signature rules and are asking everyone to please move their system specs and information about their flight sim to their profile page - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules/. We announced this just before the AVSIM website crashed in March so the policy is really pretty new. We are not banning or suspending members because of violations of this new policy but simply asking everyone to use the AVSIM profile system.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10