Sign in to follow this  
Eric_Parker

Callsigns and other items

How do I change my callsign? I can change the airline but the number doesn't. I'm not worried about ATC, just company traffic. Can I play the Departure Briefing and later change the FO to become the PF? Does the PAX door close itself at departure time? Is there a way to print the ACARS messages?

Eric Parker

Hi Eric,

1. Not possible to change the call sign in that version.

2. You can't make the FO the PF.  The computer is not smart enough to fly the plane all by himself unless everything was scripted.

3. Yes, pax door should close by itself (please double check manual).

4. You can't print the ACARS messages.  They're generic anyway.

Best,

Ok, thanks for the info. Today I discovered the FO is suicidal when I gave him the power to make the departure. I am a litle curious though, since the manual explains how to assign the FO to make the takeoff. Was the manual not written for the PMDG B744?

Eric Parker

In that version, you can let the FO do the takeoff, but he can't fly the whole flight from A to B.

If you want the FO to perform the takeoff, make sure the takeoff flaps are set.

It's possible your joystick could be overriding the FO's control inputs.

Best,

I suppose.

Last night when I let the FO make the takeoff, he got us airborne. But after that, he did his best to auger the plane into the ground. The autopilot would not disconnect and I could not make any changes to get the airplane back on course or anything near level flight.

I will try again by disabling the joystick and steer using the keyboard. But it may be that the FO has no aviation skills whatsoever.

Eric Parker