Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Help to tune up my system

Just backed it down to 4x in the Fixer.... But remains some stutters at UK2000 EGLL v3 with clouds... At LEPA i have very very smooth and no stutters.

I think i have the FSX sliders good now. Water Low.2x, Mesh resolution to 5m, complexity to Dense and Autogen to one notch up from min. The other to the max.

and my Inspector:

2z3xa3q.jpg

More conclusions... If I limit the FPS in FSX, I get poor FPS, losing about 5. Si I limit it In NI to 30.

It seems like reducing LOD Radius to 3.5 I get better performance at EGLL, when before I have too much stutters. Is this normal with my machine?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Well, you will always find a single scenery/airport that may perhaps produce stutters. Obviously each airport has been designed differently and as such some will perform very well due to it's design, where as others will fair worse. Another thing that always affects individual airports is the amount of autogen in close proximity to the airport. You will always get a BIG hit at UK2000 Heathrow, regardless of system, it is notorious, in fact so much so that I uninstalled it and fly from Gatwick instead! If you do any further tweaks or testing, do so with a single change at a time that way it will be easier to discover what changes you make have an affect, otherwise there is no way of knowing.  :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Ok, FINALLY!!!

Can confirm that UK2000 EGLL v3 is a performance KILLER!!! 

In all other airports i tested, Aerosoft LEPA, Tropicalsim Bilbao, UK2000 EGKK v3, etc... I have a SMOOOOOTH like butter FSX, with a constant 29-30FPS at ground with the NGX and ASN!!! I never had FSX with that good setup like now!!!

In FlyTampa Dubai Rebooted, with PMDG 777 in ground and ASN, i get only smooooth and 30 FPS.... wow! i'm very happy...

I learned that having 30FPS locked and 1/2RR, is muuuuuch bettter than unlimited, and less stutters. I think my problems in the past were unlimited FPS, 4096 textures, and another one...

Now i think i have a perfect (or near) FSX. Will continue testing and seeing what sliders can move a little up.

My current settings for thta perfect sim are:

BP=0

LOD=6.5

TBM=80-120 (playing)

FPS unlimited in FSX

FPS locked to 30 in NI

1/2 RR in NI

4x in the fixer

4xSGSS in NI

2048 clouds in REX4

THANKS! Thanks to everyone that helped me here... That's why i love AVSIM!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Jose.  Remember when I had mentioned to....

Get your most complex aircraft...

Your most complex scenery...

Your most complex weather...

THEN go flight test with your settings.

When you have THOSE Conditions smooth.  Then from that point on EVERYTHING will be smooth as best it can as you will only fly into BETTER conditions from there in.

Always do your IN SIM flight testing in those conditions if you are looking for smooth for a particular system.

Everyone here is going to be a different set up.  The guides only get us close.  We then need to make adjustments.  It 

is HIGHLY encouraged AND suggested that we know about all the parameters discussed that relates to our system.

The guides give us the benchmark for this.

Glad you see you getting close!!  Almost there!!  I can show you another trick to get more out of your system if you are willing to learn how to use Airport Design Editor.

Here is an example of my system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRgadu9bUjE

Respectfully,

Jet

NICE!!!  Way to go Jose!  So glad you have your system where you want!  Good to see it was well worth your time.  :)  Congrats

Respectfully,

Jet