hello!

I have this PC:

i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz

8GB RAM

EVGA GTX770 4GB SC

I have the AA in the Fixer at 8xCSAA

Nvidia Inspector with the settings in the How-To at 4xSGSS

30kru4w.jpg

If i put the FPS locked at 30 and 1/2 Refresh Rate, o get worse FPS that unlimited and less smooth. But if i put unlimited i think vsync don't work properly.

What i need to change? 

My cfg:

http://pastebin.com/gXPyAT0u

Thanks

EDIT:

With these settings, but with FPS UNLOCKED i have very good results. About 30fps with complex aircraft and payware scenery, and ASN active even in ground and air. Vsync working. But if i lock FPS to 30, i have worse FPS, in ground about 20. My system works better with FPS unlimited.

Is the NI settings properly for Vsync with the FPS unlocked?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

First . Are you using FSX in Window-mode ? If Yes, then you need ForceWindowedVSync=1  in your fsx.cfg under  [Display]

I have no problems with Unlimited FPS (like you better than locked)

Check the "how to guide" once more for cross checking settings please

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

No always in Full Screen. I have good performance and smooth FSX now with these settings and Unlimited FPS. But what is the correct setup for the Vsync with Unlimited FPS in NI?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

No always in Full Screen. I have good performance and smooth FSX now with these settings and Unlimited FPS. But what is the correct setup for the Vsync with Unlimited FPS in NI?

Did you read my post above for window mode by any chance? Other than that you are good to go i see

Michael 

Did you read my post above for window mode by any chance? Other than that you are good to go i see

Michael

Yes yes but I fly in Full Screen.

So 1/2 Refresh Rate is good for Full Screen ?

Yes yes but I fly in Full Screen.

So 1/2 Refresh Rate is good for Full Screen ?

Sorry . Yep with a 60HZ monitor

Michael

Dell U2311H

Made a flight today and I noticed that the performance with the vsync running, at 1/2 in NI, is poor.

FPS unlimited. In the approach, with a few bad weather, I don't have very good performance.

I think this is not the best setup for me.

hello!

I have this PC:

i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz

8GB RAM

EVGA GTX770 4GB SC

I have the AA in the Fixer at 8xCSAA

Nvidia Inspector with the settings in the How-To at 4xSGSS

30kru4w.jpg

If i put the FPS locked at 30 and 1/2 Refresh Rate, o get worse FPS that unlimited and less smooth. But if i put unlimited i think vsync don't work properly.

What i need to change? 

My cfg:

http://pastebin.com/gXPyAT0u

Thanks

EDIT:

With these settings, but with FPS UNLOCKED i have very good results. About 30fps with complex aircraft and payware scenery, and ASN active even in ground and air. Vsync working. But if i lock FPS to 30, i have worse FPS, in ground about 20. My system works better with FPS unlimited.

Is the NI settings properly for Vsync with the FPS unlocked?

See this threa:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436085-rivatuner-d3doverrider-and-vsynctearing-in-dx10/

Maybe that thread needs to be pinned.

ok guys! I think i have still problems...micro micro stutters i think

Repeat all my setup:

i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz

GTX770 2GB

8 GB RAM

8xCSAA at the DX10Fixer

My fsx.cfg:

http://pastebin.com/tAakPbaD

My NI settings all setup with the how to guide. 4xSGSS (for 8xCSAA) 

Latest Nvidia Drivers installed. Dell U2311H 60Hz connected to the GTX770 DVI-D port.

EVEN with FPS locked at 30 in FSX and 1/2 RR at NI, or FPS unlimited and vsync Force on, i have micro stutters i think.

REX4 4096 textures for DX10 mode.

Please help me to calm these scenery stutters. I have good FPS always, but stuttering scenery. 

And another problem, i always lose vsync. Only have vsync with FPS unlimited, Force on and D3DOverider. With the 1/2 setting and 30 FPS locked, i don't have vsync. Only have one monitor!

In my test flights, no more than 50% of GPU usage (With GPU-Z), so is not related to GPU usage.

I'm frustrating! 

Please!

ok guys! I think i have still problems...micro micro stutters i think

Repeat all my setup:

i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz

GTX770 2GB

8 GB RAM

8xCSAA at the DX10Fixer

My fsx.cfg:

http://pastebin.com/tAakPbaD

My NI settings all setup with the how to guide. 4xSGSS (for 8xCSAA)

Latest Nvidia Drivers installed. Dell U2311H 60Hz connected to the GTX770 DVI-D port.

EVEN with FPS locked at 30 in FSX and 1/2 RR at NI, or FPS unlimited and vsync Force on, i have micro stutters i think.

REX4 4096 textures for DX10 mode.

Please help me to calm these scenery stutters. I have good FPS always, but stuttering scenery.

And another problem, i always lose vsync. Only have vsync with FPS unlimited, Force on and D3DOverider. With the 1/2 setting and 30 FPS locked, i don't have vsync. Only have one monitor!

In my test flights, no more than 50% of GPU usage (With GPU-Z), so is not related to GPU usage.

I'm frustrating!

EDIT: I only have this micro stutters (yes are minimal but noticeable) with comple aircraft like PMDG or AXE. With the default Flight (Glider at Friday Harbor) i have smooth like butter FSX and 100FPS

No one knows what I only have a 90% smooth FSX? But a good FPS?

Have you tried replacing your rex cloud textures.  4096 HD clouds are heavy hitters. Try lower res clouds and see what happens.

Tested also with clear weather (no clouds). Could be that I'm very obsesive, but I see a few of stutter.

EDIT: I only have this micro stutters (yes are minimal but noticeable) with comple aircraft like PMDG or AXE. With the default Flight (Glider at Friday Harbor) i have smooth like butter FSX and 100FPS

This could be due to too high of autogen, scenery complexity, LOD radius, clouds, and/or traffic (any kind) slider settings.  Too much of these will effect smoothness regards of the reported FPS, especially when using complex aircraft.  I find that the newer nvidia drivers cause fsx perfomance issues with my system; the 320.49 works very well for me.

This could be due to too high of autogen, scenery complexity, LOD radius, clouds, and/or traffic (any kind) slider settings. Too much of these will effect smoothness regards of the reported FPS, especially when using complex aircraft. I find that the newer nvidia drivers cause fsx perfomance issues with my system; the 320.49 works very well for me.

Scenery complexity=very dense

Autogen=dense

LOD 4,5

All traffic off

Will test to low the density and change the drivers

Try not to use the Vsync function of NI. It caused me bad stuttering all over the place.

Instead add the line

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

to the [GRAPHICS] section of your fsx.cfg

Tom

ok, i'm uploading a video to Youtube to show the NGX departing TropicalSim LEBB with ASN. So you can say me if you see stutters.

These are my in FSX settings

1238o3l.jpg

2mpelxt.jpg

2myqi6v.jpg

Inspector now:

9q8jfr.jpg

fsx.cfg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14
[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
HIGHMEMFIX=1

WideViewAspect=True

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1

Video: 

Uploading...

ok, i'm uploading a video to Youtube to show the NGX departing TropicalSim LEBB with ASN. So you can say me if you see stutters.

These are my in FSX settings

1238o3l.jpg

2mpelxt.jpg

2myqi6v.jpg

Inspector now:

9q8jfr.jpg

fsx.cfg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14
[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
HIGHMEMFIX=1

WideViewAspect=True

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1

Video: 

Uploading...

And the video:

Anyone? Can help me with these micro stutters?

No one knows what is bad in my config?

What effect has reduce Image complexity in the cfg? I think that reducing it from 5 to 4 get me more smooth with no visual effect.

No one?

Another question... Do you think that 4096 textures in REX and fsx.cfg are too much for my 2600k at 4,6 and GTX770?

-2048 textures seems to be a good compromise between performance and quality

-Don't force on vsync with NVI and then use D3Doverrider to also force vsync, so turn that back to default in NVI. Turn threaded optimization to auto -  I've never seen any benefit from that on FSX at all.

-Get rid of FFTF and TBM also. You might not be leaving enough time for scenery loading. On my system those settings have zero effect on stuttering or FPS in DX10 mode.

-Maybe do a defrag on your hard drive if you aren't using an SSD

- a 2600K is a hyperthreaded chip, by default it's turned on so if that is the case then your affinity mask is all wrong. If it's on your AM would be 84