Sign in to follow this  
travelsonic

Testing an AI MD-11 repaint I did...

As I added retro AI to my FS2004 world, I tried to find a sufficient repaint for the MD-11 in American Airlines' livery - growing tired of finding repaints where the repainter attempted a photorealistic look by stretching jpg images loaded with artifacts, to repaints with various detail related issues - from logo colors/sizes/fonts/kerning/etc to things like window counts, I did my own on the "UTT" MD-11.

This was, however, before I learned about the stuff they were doing with the models others made, what was going on with them.  I decided to finish it anyways since I put a lot of work into it.  Since there were at least 2 configurations over the course of American operating the -11s, I did both.

This is the first repaint I've really done, followed through to completion, but even so I am a royal pain in the &@($* when it comes to attention to detail - like how on both sides of the aircraft, the scissors eagle will ALWAYS face foreward and not aft - which was kindly pointed out to me by the folks at the Retro AI Traffic Group forums.  :D

Trans-Atlantic Configuration:

Port Side:

UTT+MD-11+AAL+1968+v7+TATL+Port+1b.png

Starboard Side:

UTT+MD-11+AAL+1968+v7+TATL+Starboard+1b.

Trans-Pacific Configuration:

Port Side:

UTT+MD-11+AAL+1968+v7+TPAC+Port+1.png

Starboard Side:

UTT+MD-11+AAL+1968+v7+TPAC+Starboard+1.p

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!