Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

stuttering

Guest GLBatRIC

I received a Samsung Syncmaster 712N LCD monitor for Christmas and have noticed a slight stuttering that was not a problem with my Viewsonic CRT. This monitor has a 12 ms response which I thought would be "fast enough" to prevent this. The stuttering only seems to appear during taxi (lots of scenery?). Could it be the "load" on my video card - a PNY, nVidea 5200 AGP, 128 MB DDR, set to 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz (native)? If anyone else used this monitor with an older G-force nVidea card what have been your experiences? Thanks for your input.AMD Athlon 3000512 mb DDRAsus A7V8X-X GLB

I also noticed some stuttering when switching to an LCD monitor from a Diamondtron CRT. I very much doubt your monitor is at fault.Although I cannot prove it, I believe it is the higher resolution that puts more load on the system, and the crisp display that makes the stutter more noticeable.In my case, going back to an earlier Nvidia driver release (56.72) solved the stutter. This may not work for all systems but is worth a try. Another 256 Meg of memory also helped and was less than $50..Find the drivers at www.guru3d.comMy config: P4-2.8, 784Meg, GF4 Ti4200-128 at 1280x1024 60 Hz.

Guest deKoven

You might also want to check that 60 hz item. You should be able to do better than that. My Samsung 192N is set to 72 hz. That 60 hz isn't doing much good at all for your eyes. Check ya monitor docs to see if it'll support at least 72 hz. :D

More is not always better! CRTs need higher refresh rates, LCD monitors do not.60 Hz is just fine and puts less load on the video card...