Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Duplicating vector mask?

With my past paint for the RA Legacy in order to put my paint on the other side of the fuselage I just duplicated the layer and dragged and flipped it.

I'm running into an issue using PS CS2 (the free one).  So I used the Pen Tool to created a somewhat curvy line on this paint.  But I can't seem to copy the red stripe over to a new layer to drag to the other side.

Should I be using a different technique to copy this vector mask?  Or maybe I should be using another tool altogether?

Thanks for any help I'm very new at this stuff.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/vectormask.jpg~original

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can't you duplicate the layer, then transform the vector?

On the Layers palette, grab the "red stripe" layer and drop it on the "new layer" icon at the bottom of the palette, next to the trash can.

Then you should have a copy of that layer and be able to transform the vector if you need to. Looks like you might just need to move it.

If you are happy with the stripe you can also rasterize the vector mask, then duplicate the layer.

regards,

Joe

Edited by N60JBravo

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Ahhh... I was clicking on the thumbnail rather than the space to the right.... whew got worried there... thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Keyboard shortcuts are your friends, Ryan. CTRL+J for layer copy, CTRL+T for transform, flip, enter, move, job done!  ^_^