Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Downloadable models of aircraft seen in The Aviator?

Guest dugan1

Please forgive me if I should've found this information elsewhere, but I've searched and am quite surprised not to have found anything.First, can anyone tell me what the aircraft is called that Howard Hughes uses in "The Aviator" to romance Katherine Hepburn? And second, is there a downloadable version of that plane for FS9? What a gorgeous plane! (Yes, I'm aware that the Grumman Goose is somewhat similar, but the one in the movie looked even better).And while I'm asking, are there any downloadable models of the silver "flush rivets" racing plane, the spy plane, and/or the Hercules ("Spruce Goose")?

The only racer I know of is the model of the Hughes H1B Racer made by Tom Piglet Conrad.ftp://216.194.66.32/fs2k4/h1b_pic_300.jpgYou'll find it at sim-outhouse: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=...nfo&FileID=2733All the best!Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the plane he was flying w/Hepburn was a Sikorsky S-38. It's a lovely flying boat, very classy lines. I think I used to fly a freeware version in FS2002, but I'm not positive it was this one. Do a search in the file library and I'm sure something will turn up.thanks,

Bill is quite correct - its the S-38. Do a search for George Diemer at the main sites.The S-38 was twin-engined, the S-39 single engined.Ideal for cruising around the Misty Fjords !Alastair