Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Flight1 C172R won't load

I also posted this at the Flight1 forums but I figured someone here might have experienced the same thing and have a solution. Mods: feel free to delete if you consider this off-topic.Just purchased the above model. I get through the commerce system and it installs without any problems. I reboot my computer as instructed and try to load the aircraft in FS2004. However when I select it and click OK, a message saying it was unable to load F1_C172R.gau repetedly pops up and as soon as I click OK the same message pops up again and again and again...It seems this is related to the copy protection. Flight1, being overly paranoid, have built in copy protection into the .gau file so it won't load the gauges unless it considers the installation valid. Apparently it doesn't consider mine valid. I do have the .lic and .key files in the C:Flight One Software folder as required. I should also mention that I have the Flight1 C152 (excellent plane) which uses the same protection system and that aircraft *does* load up in FS2004 and all the gauges work.I have reinstalled several times from the wrapper, rebooted, disabled services and background programs etc. but I just can't get it to load.

Just thought I'd let you all know that the issue is now resolved and I'm enjoying this great GA addon.Actually it was due to an error in their wrapper/installer but they uploaded a fixed version within hours which installed without problems.