Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

New DELL : Will FS9+add-ons run incredibly well on this?

Approximately $2,000 with the coupon I have/had. Actually, it's just expired and I didn't buy it. But fear not, it will come round again and I may get it then.JS

i got the 10000rpm hd,thinking it would be faster,so do i understand correctly that the 7200rpm raid set up faster.now for a dumb question,is raid a piece of hardware you have to buy.as for noise,my xps gen4 is very loud when the fans kick in and throws a lot of heat out the back.regards.

Guest ScottPilot

Compared to my PIII 1ghz I am still using, this system must be awsome! I wish I had the cash to buy one.Scott :(

What resolution, AF/AA settings are you using Jim? I am not saying your comment was wrong, but I am suggesting if your machine was set up exactly as mine is, and you flew exactly everywhere I fly with the exact same situations, you would see roughly no more than 25-30% versus the 300% increase your report suggests. My guess is that we are not comparing apples and apples. If we are in fact comparing identical scenarios, video and in-games settings, then you have moved in a direction that would truly be unpredicted, and would point to factors in FS performance that really have not be elucidated by anyone I am aware of. I would still bet money that what I am saying is accurate. And no, I don't think I'd bet $5K! But I would bet $100!I took a closer look at the X850XT PE as I hadn't seen benchmarks in DX games, and at the res I am running, it is actually underperforming the GT6800 GT OC I am running. So . . . doubtful the video card would be contributing to a 300% increase! Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest av84fun

<>That is what I understood to be the case when working up the specs of my rig with the Dell people. The only issue is that you don't get any back up unless you install a third drive...which is what I did. In other words, if ONE of the RAID drives fails you are screwed.So I back everything up to the third drive.Regards,Jim