Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

New DELL : Will FS9+add-ons run incredibly well on this?

Will this PC configuration ever hiccup with FS9 and traditional add-ons (PMDG, Fly Tampa!, UT, PSS Concorde, RFP, etc.)? It will never be connected to the internet. It will be used for FS and nothing else.Appreciate views, thanks!JSDell Dimension XPS Series - Gen 4 Pentium

probably two arms and one leg, a wife, and a court case.....!JS

Ill trade you computers.. :-jumpy haha, just seeing the 3.8 w/HT, i know its a kick @$$ sys. Dont worry about anything. Just be concerned about making others crying for a system like yours.

>>Will this PC configuration ever hiccup with FS9 and>traditional add-ons (PMDG, Fly Tampa!, UT, PSS Concorde, RFP,>etc.)? Yes.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

That's one nice rig JS, all you're missing is the new SLI techology with the dual vid card. To bad it takes something like that for FS to run at it's fullest.I have all but given up on FS. Been playing DOOM3, Halflife and designing for the SIMS 2 and they all run great on the rig I built for FS 8 months ago.Best of luck with it!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest ThomasE

Hi JS,very nice system!FS2004 will run smooth here, but also you will feel like sitting next to the turbine of an 747...this machine will be very loud!(I read about something like 6 sone...)I recently put together a similar system by myself:P4 3.6 GHz HT 800 FSB, 2x 1Gb Corsair RAM DDR2 533MHz, Leadtek 6800GTO 256 MB PCI Express, 2x 160 Gb Samsung Harddrives SATA-Raid,16x DVD +/-/+- Dualdrive, 7.1 Sound on Board, Thermaltake XASER III with 7 (!) Coolers.My rig is also getting very loud, these 3.6 and 3.8 Pentium cpu

Guest vas_yan

Consider AMD. Why don't you buy one of those http://www.techwarelabs.com/reviews/processors/amd4000_fx55/ instead? I don't know the current prices but any AMD 64+ will beat the respective P4 in gaming and it will cost less. Also I agree with the poster who said that SLI is the way to go for ultimate performance. As for your system never having framerate issues...rest assured that you will certainly find a situation to bring it to its knees. You don't even have to try too much...just increase the vc gauge refresh rate of the pmdg 737, go to a nice simflyers airport full of AI (JFK will do), dial in some nasty weather and enjoy the slideshow on final...Regards,

Guest Paul Heaney

What are you people talking about, Slideshow?Running a Dell XPS Gen 4 system here I bought a Month ago, P4 3.6 Radeon X800 and I've yet to see that slideshow you are talking about, and I'm maxed out.Don't worry, it will run great.

hi,i have almost the same system for two weeks now,the only difference is i have the 3.4ee processor.in my opinion,it was not worth the money,i did have better performance in clouds,but hardly any better into busy airports plus the pauses are unsolveable for me.then i managed to mess things up and used the reinstall cd,and the machine is not the same as when i started.maybe the 3.8 is better,i should have went with that one.all the best

Everybody:Thanks for your replies and comments. Everything noted.What is this new video card SLI technology (dual slots, etc.?) and would I be better advised for that to come out at this stage? Or is it just gonna be like waiting for Godot....?JS

Thomas:Nice reply and helpful.Noise is important. It must be QUIET ! Thanks again.JS

Guest Mike_Luchia

I see this "Monitors Video Ready w/o Monitor" but no mention of what monitor you are going with, or are you using your current monitor? I am curious as I am looking at the same system from Dell.