Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

The new Fokker 70/100 v2 Audible Warnings

I finally solved my problem of unwanted audible warnings (don't sink! and Too low!) on the Fokker 70/100 v2.1. Follow the instructions on the Fokker website for eliminating these calls . (Delete the v2 file(s) in your /gauges folder that start with PF10070_WCGPWS)2. Do a search for .wav files with the names dontsink and pullup - I found six, mostly in the FSCOFSound folder.3. In Windows XP, go to Start/Run and enter Sndrec324. In this program, select the file tab, then open one of the files you found in step 2. Now, using edit, reduce the sound volume. You will have to repeat this numerous times until the volume is reduced below hearing threshold (you can play the sound in Sndrec32 to check). Now save the file. Repeat for each of the files found in step 2.This worked for me, but remember - it will also eliminate these calls on other aircraft, which may not be acceptable to everyone. The process can be reversed, since the files are still there.Dale

Dale

DaleI have already stated in the prevoius 'Fokker Lights' thread that Project Fokker have in fact solved this problem with their web-sited instruction.Go to your main Guages file and 'search' for ' PF10070_WCGPWS' files. When you get them, delete the lot!This dosen't affect any other 'GPWS' files in any other aircraft in your hanger because you are only deleting the 'PF10070' files.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Rob Barengt has come to the rescue with his file here........http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=61769&CatID=fs2004gauNo more 'ear-aches' eh?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png