Sign in to follow this  
Sasa

What single scenery addon would you recommend?

Guest shanwick

I do a lot of flying up and down the UK and then up and down Norway using the Dreamfleet Archer - I'm very definitely a GA man :-) Sometimes I think that in the real world with my sort of income I would hardly be able to afford to fly at all, let alone up and down anywhere. So it got me thinking about where I might fly if I could only afford to go up for the occational local flight for about an hour.What single GA scenery addon, payware or freeware, would you go for which, in your opinion, would give the best eye candy and immersion factor.David

Well that depends.If you're looking for *airport* sceneries, France VFR is hard to beat. Especially the Britanny Islands collection gives you several incredible, detailed airports and surroundings for a good price: http://www.francevfr.com/scenes.htmYou can buy at e.g. Simware.The North American equivalent are the airports by Georender, escpeailly Orcas Island.Now there are also several actual landscape sceneries that I recommend, being a VFR addict myself. In particular VFR Photographic Scenery England and Wales+VFR Terrain, and Switzerland Pro. Those provide a much bigger area to fly over but with slightly less detail and no autogen (though many areas of England and Wales are being manually populated with trees and houses). There are others as well like Real Germany, Spain VFR etc.For North America, there's the Misty Fjords scenery, Megascenery and the recently released VFR Photographic Scenery USA which seems to look better than Megascenery.

Guest air cadet Nemo

I've installed the nepal mesh and airports, which are only a new addition in the library and I really enjoy just hangin' around in the mountains for an hour or so...also great is the intire region of the alps by lagosim....(payware)greets

Guest CYYJ1968

If I had to recommend just one scenery enhancement add-on it would be ActiveSky, hands down.

I just wondered why no one mentioned Scenery Germany 2 :)All you need for VFR flying for a large area and a lot of detailled airfields, too. What more do you need?Sasa