Sign in to follow this  
norrisyu

Anyone tried RC4 on Windows 8.1 64-bit

Hi,

Has anyone tried to run RC4 on Windows 8.1 64-bit OS?  My RC4 was running on Win7 64-bit previously but failed to open on Win8.1.  There is no error messages appear in event log and even the splash screen did not show up.

Thanks

I just got RC4 installed last night running Win8.1 64-bit,  initially had the msstdfmt.dll error but fixed that.  Everything seems to work fine, but interfacing Flight Commander and MCE has been a bit of a challenge I have yet to master.

I'm using WideFS and it connected fine with FSX on the Master PC, but MCE is not seeing RC4.

But to answer your question, yes, it runs fine on Win 8.1, 64-bit.

Bob M

Tried to re-install and re-execute libraryfiles but still failed.  No splash screen, no error message.   :(

Are you running the English\US version of Windows?

Ronzie,

I am not sure whether Windows 8.1 has language specific version.  However, the Language set under "Control Panel->Clock, Language, and Region->Language" have both the "English (united States) and Chinese"

The display language and Input Language for the user is English (United States).

Ronzie,

Thank you for your hint and direction.  I have just tried to change the "Langauge for non-Unicode programs" from "Chinese" to "English (United States)".  

The splash screen and the Registration box finally appears.

Thanks for your help.

I use it without problems, apart from the msstdfmt.dll problem (which needed some searching and then a special action to register it). Otherwise no problems that I could attribute to 8.1.

Nigel